Windows 10: No more WiFi

Discus and support No more WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My fiancee accidentally downloaded and installed your big of an OS that is windows 10. Now we have no more WiFi adapter, are unable to access anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Siss'TRizMarz, Apr 19, 2019.

1. No more WiFi

My fiancee accidentally downloaded and installed your big of an OS that is windows 10. Now we have no more WiFi adapter, are unable to access anything to trouble shoot it, and can't even access programs necessary to fix it, let alone download a new one, from a completely different company too. Anyone got an answer to this hot mess, or are we stuck with your poor performance OS??

I freaking miss windowsXP.. this new stuff sucks.

:)

Siss'TRizMarz, Apr 19, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 19, 2019
  4. No more WiFi

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

No more WiFi

1. No more WiFi - Similar Threads - more WiFi

2. how can i use more than one wifi network on my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i use more than one wifi network on my windows 11 laptop?: i just got a new computer for christmas and i really needed it. my old chromebook broke. i need it for school and home. i use them both at home and school and i go places and i brought it with me to my grandpas house. i only able to connect to one of my home wifis. when i am...
  3. how can i use more than one wifi network on my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i use more than one wifi network on my windows 11 laptop?: i just got a new computer for christmas and i really needed it. my old chromebook broke. i need it for school and home. i use them both at home and school and i go places and i brought it with me to my grandpas house. i only able to connect to one of my home wifis. when i am...
  4. Hidden Wifi makes more networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Wifi makes more networks: Every time I enter my SSID for my hidden wifi, another one pops upFor example, if my wifi is called 'Network' and if I enter the wifi's name into hidden network on windows 10, it will create a new network called 'Network 1' and it will keep going up each time I want to...
  5. PCIe Wifi Card disconnects randomly, read for more details

PCIe Wifi Card disconnects randomly, read for more details: I have a PCIe Wifi card and the Wifi on my PC just randomly decides to disconnect. When I try to reconnect, if I check the "Connect automatically" setting it flashes it connecting for about a frame then instantly says "No internet, secured." Sometimes it lets me connect by...
  6. Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’: I’ve recently moved house and my machine has just been set up, since its a different time zone the screen time limit doesnt allow access to the pc, ive connected it to the wifi and tried to request more screen time, however it says it cannot send the request due to lack of...
  7. using ethernet connect 1 computer to another computer's wifi, not working no more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    using ethernet connect 1 computer to another computer's wifi, not working no more: computer1 is win10 computer2 is win7 computer2 wifi has been set as to shared, wifi properties --> sharing --->allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet then I use a cable to connect the 2 computers, it worked before, and today I got a windows...
  8. Using ICS with more than one device pc as wifi extender

Using ICS with more than one device pc as wifi extender: I ask whether I can share the internet connection from wifi via ethernet port to a bunch of devices connected to a switch. If so, do I have to set up the sharing device as default gateway in each of the receiving devices?...
  9. HELP, there is more WiFi then we asked for!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP, there is more WiFi then we asked for!!!!: Hello, I have a problem with WiFi, mysteriously I got 3 more WiFi then I hed, and they appeared from no were, what it means or what it is? And how do I fix it? It's been, I think 3 months now how they appeared. And it all started only with 1, then after a while second and...
  10. I cannot find my Wifi option. [ More details in comment ]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot find my Wifi option. [ More details in comment ]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Stark_Always [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6hnx2/i_cannot_find_my_wifi_option_more_details_in/