Windows 10: No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update.

Discus and support No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer all in one 23" Desktop computer. After latest Windows 10 Update the Computer loads to Start Screen but the Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinThompson4, Feb 24, 2019.

1. No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update.

I have an Acer all in one 23" Desktop computer. After latest Windows 10 Update the Computer loads to Start Screen but the Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard are not seen(recognized) so when I click/move Mouse as I normally would the Pop-up Sign in box does not appear. There is no mice pointer on my screen. When the computer goes to sleep moving the mouse no longer wakes it, I have plugged in USB mouse from my LAPTOP and that is not recognized either (no pointer). I have manually powered off numerous times and it always reloads as normal to START window but can't do anything after that since no mouse or keyboard functionality.

:)

MartinThompson4, Feb 24, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update.

1. No Mouse or Keyboard functionality since latest Windows 10 Update. - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard functionality

2. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in the systray. This happens every few minutes. What can I do to solve this?...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update: HiWhen powerin on my pc my keyboard and mouse work just fine but once windows loads up into the lockscreen they do not work what so ever.This issue has occured to me BEFORE and a system restore fixed it however, if you read on you will see i attempted this again without any...
  7. Latest update makes keyboard and mouse unusable.

Latest update makes keyboard and mouse unusable.: After the latest update to Windows, my keyboard and mouse do not work on the log-in screen and I have no access to my computer. The only thing that worked was a fresh reinstall, but it updated again and the same problem arose. What is causing this and how am I supposed to...
  8. Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Issues Since Windows Update

Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Issues Since Windows Update: Ever since the recent update my bluetooth keyboard and mouse are hopeless! I changed the batteries on the mouse with brand new ones and it's better, but every once in a while (<30 mins) I have to remove and reinsert them to get it to reconnect. (It will still be lit, but...
  9. Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update of Windows 10 Home causing lagging to mouse/keyboard?: You have done: reformatting, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, disconnecting, updating, upgrading, etc,etc, in a desperate attempt to fix lagging and freezing of your blue-tooth mouse and Bluetooth external keyboard. But nothing worked. Worst yet: software manufacturers...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !

Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !: I used WinzipDriver updater and 3 ago as instructed I updated 3 drivers on my PC, running Windows 10.1. After restarting the PC to complete the update, the screen would boot up seemingly normally, but the Mouse no longer functions. I have checked my WiFi Mouse and even...