Windows 10: No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart

Discus and support No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I shutdown my desktop computer and then start it I have no mouse. If I select Enter on my keyboard I can get to the login screen. Then I tab over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by garthmicro, Feb 12, 2016.

1. No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart

When I shutdown my desktop computer and then start it I have no mouse. If I select Enter on my keyboard I can get to the login screen. Then I tab over to the Power icon and select it with the Enter key. I use the arrow keys to move up to Sleep and select Sleep with my Enter key. The computer goes to sleep. I can wake it with my mouse and from then on my mouse works normally. In other words starting the computer after it sleeps allows the mouse to work. Starting it after a Shutdown or Restart leaves the computer without a mouse pointer.

:)

garthmicro, Feb 12, 2016

2. PC hangs when I restart or restart after shutdown

Whenever I restart or restart after shutting down the computer does not boot and gives a blank screen. It restarts normally only after I hibernate it.

It also hangs when I exit a slide show in PowerPoint ( but does not hang if I exit PowerPoint without opening any slide show)

I tried starting system in clean boot but it did not help me.

Kindly help me as these problems waste lot of my time daily.

ApurvaGarg, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    PC hangs when I restart or restart after shutdown

Hi Apurva,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Windows start up, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the below information

• What is the make and model of your system?

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

From the issue description, it seems that the issue might be caused due to some application/service that is not responding in a timely fashion to the shutdown request from the Operating system or if some drivers are outdated. I suggest
    you to boot the computer in safe mode and then try restarting and shutting down the system.

Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers. Refer to the article below on
    Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart

1. No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart - Similar Threads - mouse starting Shutdown

2. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  3. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  4. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown/start vs restart...: what is the disparity in time duration for a shutdown/wait 20 sec./restarting @ 45 seconds, and restarting via WinKey+X/U/R @ 2 mins & 20+ secs In both cases no apps opened, of course. Clean slate and includes login....
  5. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown/start vs restart...: what is the disparity in time duration for a shutdown/wait 20 sec./restarting @ 45 seconds, and restarting via WinKey+X/U/R @ 2 mins & 20+ secs In both cases no apps opened, of course. Clean slate and includes login....
  6. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6gx5r/computer_restarts_after_shutdown/
  8. computer restarts after shutdown with mouse or when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer restarts after shutdown with mouse or when it goes to sleep: when my computer goes to sleep it restarts itself a couple second later...the PC revs up very loud and I have to force shutdown...any ideas folks.. 163088
  9. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown: new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809, start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec restart : more than 2 minutes. how reduce this time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-restart-slow-start-after-shutdown/44277b0f-bbe8-4c5a-8a95-45c205c50e2e
  10. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....