Windows 10: No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10?

Discus and support No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice that whenever I play more than one audio sources, only the sound of the last source played can be heard. All the others become muted. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hello10, Nov 27, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10?

I notice that whenever I play more than one audio sources, only the sound of the last source played can be heard. All the others become muted.

For instance, if I play a video or music using the Media Player and then play a YouTube video using the browser, only the sound from the browser can be heard. If I stop the YouTube video, the sound of the Media Player can be heard again.

BUT, this is not happening between Winamp and the Media Player, only between Winamp and the browser. *Shock?

I want to know if this because of Windows 10's policy or the audio setup (?) of my system. Before, I could simultaneously hear multiple audio sources in my old Windows 7 computer.

:)

hello10, Nov 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 simultaneous A2DP streams playing different Audio?

Dear Darshan,

thank you for your reply!

I'm using

• a Samsung Notebook Type NP700Z7C-S01DE
    • Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511, Build 10586.545
    • with an integrated Intel Wireless Bluetooth Adapter (Driver Version 18.1.1525.1445)
    • Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator Version 10.0.10586.212
    • Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator Version 10.0.10586.545
    • and two Bluetooth-Audio Modules
      • Manufacturer: Microchip
      • Name: RN-52-EK (Evaluation Boards)
      • They use Microsoft Driver Version 10.0.10586.545

No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10? 2033c42b-669a-4012-9a37-4d2f19656cf2.jpg

These Bluetooth Modules (referred to "Module 1" and "Module 2" in my initial post) provide (among others) the Bluetooth A2DP profile and therefore are registered in the PC as Sound Devices (Headsets):

No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10? 24db8394-4db2-404e-97d6-ef36eefb6052.png

No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10? 38c6b397-901a-4299-b9b7-f4c36b03f991.png

Now the situation is as follows:

• Both RN52 work fine
    • I can select either of them or the Notebooks Realtek Soundcard as standard
    However, my intention is to use BOTH RN52 simultaneously. I'm evaluating the possibility to use multiple Bluetooth Sound Devices at the same time to build a Windows based Multichannel Audio System.
    We need to play different Audio Streams on different Bluetooth-Sound-Devices Simultaneously.

I've successfully tested to

• use one RN52 Module as Standard Sound Device and play some Audio via Mediaplayer
    • SIMULTANEOUSLY use Audacity Sound Application to play another wav-File through the Realtek Soundcard of my Notebook

No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10? 95731644-1933-41e8-b0af-46cd32ea0a11.png

The Problem is: as soon as I switch Audacity to the second RN52-Bluetooth Sound Device, the Sound Output gets corrupted (sounds like sampling hangs).

I suspect that the Windows bthA2DP.sys Driver does not support simultaneous use of multiple Bluetooth-Audio-Devices. Can you confirm this or is it possible to implement a multichannel sound device on windows using multiple Bluetooth-A2DP Devices?

BR

Sven

sczeisberg, Nov 27, 2018
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 27, 2018
  4. No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10?

Windows 10 simultaneous A2DP streams playing different Audio?

Hello,

I'm trying to use multiple Bluetooth Audio Modules (Microchip RN52) SIMULTANEOUSLY on Windows 10.

- I can pair & connect these modules

- I can switch the standard audio output from one module to the other

However, when I try to play audio through Module-1 and play other Audio (e.g. with audacity) to Module-2, I get noise that sounds like corrupted sampling rate or so...

On the other Hand, I can play sound through the Bluetooth Module and at the same time stream different Audio through the Realtek Soundcard in my notebook without any problems.

So I'm wondering if it is possible to use multiple Bluetooth Audio Modules synchronously to play different Audio Streams?

Thank You,

Sven

sczeisberg, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10?

1. No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10? - Similar Threads - Multiple Sounds Heard

2. No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Multiple Sounds Heard from Simultaneous Audio Playing in Win 10?: I notice that whenever I play more than one audio sources, only the sound of the last source played can be heard. All the others become muted. For instance, if I play a video or music using the Media Player and then play a YouTube video using the browser, only the sound...
  3. my audio does not playing sound

my audio does not playing sound: My audio speaker does not playing sound. I also connecting a speaker but it does not working either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-audio-does-not-playing-sound/1e77c228-0a48-49da-b09b-7f7226fdc0e7
  4. audio won't play from audio or video files

audio won't play from audio or video files: This was working. I could play any video or audio file using VLC, Windows Media Player, whatever. Audio plays from the web on Chrome or Firefox then the files stopped playing audio. MP3 files or any video file-MP4 AVI MOV, etc. I updated my video card from a GTX 560 to a GTX...
  5. Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound

Speakers not detected as plugged in and quit playing audio, but initially play sound: Relevant Specs are: Windows 10 x64 Audio run through Realtek audio HD manager MSI z170m Mortar Motherboard Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200/ rear panel audio Logitech G933 headset/ usb bluetooth I'm encountering a problem with a pair of Logitech speakers that I...
  6. Win 10 using two user accounts simultaneously

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 using two user accounts simultaneously: My Acer laptop running Windows 7 recently died. I bought a Lenovo with Windows 10. I had a backup of the old computer's User folder and sub-folders and everything in them. I renamed the Users folder to Acer and copied that folder from external drive to base C drive on new...
  7. Updated to win 10 from win 7 and now no sound

Updated to win 10 from win 7 and now no sound: So I am using an older laptop HP Dv9700, when I was running win 7 64 bit sound worked fine, updated to win 10 last night, the last night I could and now I don't have any sound from either the speakers or my headphones. I have been told to download either Realtek HD audio...
  8. Front and Rear Audio cannot be used simultaneously !

Front and Rear Audio cannot be used simultaneously !: Hi all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Window 8.1. My desktop has a front audio and mic jack and also a rear audio and mic jack. While watching movies , I connect my rear jack to a large set of speakers and for better voice clarity I plug in earphones onto the front...
  9. Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker: Hi I have recently built my first Desktop. Bit like a Meccano set (yes I am that old). My problem is that I am hearing impaired and want to use my headphones to listen to programs we watch on the TV (from where we have them stored on the computer), while my wife listens to...
  10. Audio Not Playing

Audio Not Playing: Very recently my computer's audio has stopped working. My headset has a separate microphone and headphone plugin. I use a combiner to put both of them into the computer at once. Anyway, I cannot hear audio through my headphones, whether I use the combiner or not. I have...