Windows 10: No name service connected to svchost.exe taking up 20-40% of CPU and causing slow downs

Discus and support No name service connected to svchost.exe taking up 20-40% of CPU and causing slow downs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So today ive been getting slowdowns and after opening task manager there is a no name service eating up my CPU and causing major slowdowns Cant even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oakbricks, Jun 11, 2020.

1. oakbricks Win User

No name service connected to svchost.exe taking up 20-40% of CPU and causing slow downs

So today ive been getting slowdowns and after opening task manager there is a no name service eating up my CPU and causing major slowdowns Cant even browse the web without slowdown Have not installed any strange apps either.

:)

oakbricks, Jun 11, 2020

2. Service Host: Unistack Service Group or svchost using up lots of CPU.

Hi,

I am being slowed down a lot by Unistack Service Group or svchost using upto 80 pecent of CPU. Tried to dissable many services but none of it seems to help. Maybe you guys can.

Thanks.

minibentobox, Jun 11, 2020
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Jun 11, 2020
  4. pm89 Win User

No name service connected to svchost.exe taking up 20-40% of CPU and causing slow downs

Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

Thema:

1. No name service connected to svchost.exe taking up 20-40% of CPU and causing slow downs - Similar Threads - name service connected

2. Having 40+ svchost is normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 40+ svchost is normal?: they covered 3 entirely screen tired searching for ways fix it but scared of what it might cause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-40-svchost-is-normal/4b829051-0fcf-4e0b-a45d-b214b08403fe
  3. Having 40+ svchost is normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 40+ svchost is normal?: they covered 3 entirely screen tired searching for ways fix it but scared of what it might cause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-40-svchost-is-normal/4b829051-0fcf-4e0b-a45d-b214b08403fe
  4. Diagnostic Policy Service is Taking up CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diagnostic Policy Service is Taking up CPU: Recently I noticed my idle CPU usage was way higher than it should be. I then noticed that some windows services were taking up that CPU usage at high amounts. I tried disabling them, but they still do it, what do I do? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Device Association Service takes up 20% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Association Service takes up 20% CPU: My PC just started acting weird, so I checked task manager. I scrolled down until I saw Device Association Service taking up 15-25% of my CPU. It is making my PC very slow. How do I fix this?...
  6. Diagnostic Policy Service keeps taking 20% or more of CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Diagnostic Policy Service keeps taking 20% or more of CPU Usage: [ATTACH] I've tried some of the solutions on reddit about running that Bat script or deleting the folder in System32 that causes it but none seem to solve the problem....
  7. CxUIUSvc Service taking up tons of CPU

CxUIUSvc Service taking up tons of CPU: I have noticed that my battery drains quickly and my fans spool up quite often. I monitored task manager and "CxUIUSvc Service" pops up to the top quite often with very high usage. Does anyone know what this service does and how I can limit its usage?...
  8. Computer shuts down at 40% or 20%

Computer shuts down at 40% or 20%: Why does that happen? Here are my specs. I reseted my PC but nothing works and this has been bothering me for days.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-at-40-or-20/7a032296-8e9e-425c-92da-7a43dc4de33c
  9. Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!: Yesterday I just resetted my laptop and I've been experiencing some problems when I play a game my cpu goes 2.6ghz then randomly out of no where it goes .40ghz or .50 the worse part is the percentage of my cpu is only 20-40 no programs making it high or anything, I'm not...
  10. Windows Explorer takes up 40-50% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer takes up 40-50% CPU usage: Hello, I have this problem where after some hours of use (~3, for example) the windows explorer takes up 40-50% of the CPU causing major performance loss. I do not know what is causing this problem, as it does have to do with my activity, since when this happens I am not...