Windows 10: No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal

Discus and support No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm using a PC with an up to date Windows 10. I'm connected to a captive portal network. As said in this documentation, the DNS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenjaminDup, Feb 4, 2019.

1. No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal

Hi everyone,

I'm using a PC with an up to date Windows 10. I'm connected to a captive portal network.

As said in this documentation, the DNS resolution of the URI www.msftconnecttest.com works and the Get of the URI "http://www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt" is redirected to the portal captive login page.

However, the NCSI shows "Internet Access" and do not display the pop-up inviting the user to login himself to access Internet.

Can you please explain me why ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Benjamin

PS : sorry for my english.

:)

BenjaminDup, Feb 4, 2019

2. Internet connection blocked by a Captive Portal

Are you at home or do you see this Captive Portal page when using free WiFi? Public access WiFi? WiFi than requires a login?

What's on the Captive Portal page?

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Internet connection blocked by a Captive Portal

Sorry, I wasn't notified of a reply.

> My internet traffic is being blocked by a CAPTIVE PORTAL

1. You must be seeing a message about this Captive Portal. What's the message?

2. Are you seeing the message when using Internet Explorer, Edge or Chrome or all three?

3. In Control Panel> (Network & Internet)> Network and sharing center> Connect to a network, is your home network, Internet connection, router listed? Can you connect to it?

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 4, 2019
  4. No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal

Windows 10 community update- captive portals

I have been using windows 10 creator update and would like Windows to automatically log in to captive portals. I am not always at my computer and the network has captive portals. The app/program should allow all cookies to be set. All it is left to automatically
    press the accept and continue button. I tried lynx and it didn't work. I would be glad as this can be rolled out as an update available from Microsoft. If you need any help i would be glad to help out.

If you advanced the web portal uses javascript to set a cookie (i think) and the captive portal is ruckus wireless.

whateverthishas, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal

1. No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal - Similar Threads - NCSI pop behind

2. Prevent Windows 11 continuously opening Edge when using wifi with captive portal login page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 11 continuously opening Edge when using wifi with captive portal login page.: Hey, Recently encountered an issue where I was using a public wifi with a captive portal login. On connecting to the network, Windows kept opening Edge to the login page, but before I had a chance to login, it would spawn a new tab and steal focus, basically leaving the...
  3. Prevent Windows 11 continuously opening Edge when using wifi with captive portal login page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 11 continuously opening Edge when using wifi with captive portal login page.: Hey, Recently encountered an issue where I was using a public wifi with a captive portal login. On connecting to the network, Windows kept opening Edge to the login page, but before I had a chance to login, it would spawn a new tab and steal focus, basically leaving the...
  4. Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.: I have encountered an issue with Captive portal on computers with Windows 10 and 11. Tested it with few computers and different types of network adapters. Behavior for a different network adapters and their drivers is same but on a Win10 1607 I have not managed to reproduce...
  5. Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.: I have encountered an issue with Captive portal on computers with Windows 10 and 11. Tested it with few computers and different types of network adapters. Behavior for a different network adapters and their drivers is same but on a Win10 1607 I have not managed to reproduce...
  6. Reconnecting wifi every second on captive portal.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has Captive Portal detection been removed from Windows 10?: Windows 10 used to detect our Captive Portal as per this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/mobilebroadband/captive-portals Using wireshark, I can not see any request going out to www.msftncsi.com, has this feature been removed? I did see...
  8. Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up: Hi, Windows 10 introduced the known and well distributed issue with pop-up dialog windows, which are not focused on top of all other windows, but rather they stay in background, hidden behind the active window. So many times customers call me: "I cannot access some web...
  9. Windows 10 apps not working on Wifi having Captive Portal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 apps not working on Wifi having Captive Portal: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and unable to access Microsoft store and other store apps installed as they aren't working on Wifi having Captive portal. Windows doesn't detect it as captive portal and I've login manually via chrome. Chrome works fine but Edge doesn't. Please...
  10. Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window: Hi all, Since installing 10, whenever |I open a pop-up window (e.g. right-click, properties dialog, the copy/move/delete progress window etc), they open behind the main parent window. Any ideas how to change this? Thanks TD 14318

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no captive portal pop up