Windows 10: No net access after Win 10 ISO file upgrade

Discus and support No net access after Win 10 ISO file upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, So I very finally managed to upgrade to Win 10 without any issues, yet in choosing to do updates later, I now find myself with the net driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scop8, Jul 29, 2016.

1. scop8 Win User

No net access after Win 10 ISO file upgrade

Hello,

So I very finally managed to upgrade to Win 10 without any issues, yet in choosing to do updates later, I now find myself with the net driver not working (and a couple of other issues). So there was that yellow triangle over the net icon, and after troubleshooting it stated that 'there might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection adapter.' I got the latest RealTek driver for Win 10 64-bit, updated, and same issue.

First with this: Download Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller LAN Driver 10.1.505.2015 for Windows 10 64 bit

Then with this: Download Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller LAN Driver 10.7.107.2016 for Windows 10 64 bit

Poking around Device Manager, on RealTek's properties, it says the device is working properly (and indeed it was before the update as well) but in the 'events' tab it says (after a long string of characters) that 'Device PCI ... requires further installation'. What does this mean? And how can I fix the LAC adapter driver problem? Thanks.

:)

scop8, Jul 29, 2016

2. Can I perform clean installation of Windows 10 on Windows 10?

I have upgraded to win 10 but i want to do clean install.

So I have downloaded media creation tool but it fails to create ISO file.

My friend has iso file which is downloaded from:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

I have a limited net pack.

Will I use his ISO file for my clean install?

The file is same like "Win 10 single language 64 bit.

My win 10 is activated. Is there any problem of activation after clean install?

Original title: windows 10

kirankaranjkar, Jul 29, 2016
  3. RayStory Win User
    Can my computer, using windows 10, be set to act as server on my wireless network?

gateway computer

was able to find my desktop on my wireless net and access files on it before I upgraded from 8.1 to win 10.

RayStory, Jul 29, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Stop downloading drivers from questionable websites. The Realtek drivers should have loaded when Windows 10 was installed. If not, you need to go to Realtek and download the driver for your Ethernet chipset from there. As for an update. There really is not much change between the one that Windows 10 installs vs. the Realtek one.

bro67, Jul 29, 2016
  5. scop8 Win User
    I uninstalled then reinstalled the Realtek driver from the RealTek website which had the same yellow exclamation mark result, but when I ran troubleshooter it now says that 'there's a problem with the driver for Ethernet adapter.'

scop8, Jul 30, 2016
  6. scop8 Win User
    Seems like quite a few people have run into this issue, with different fixes working, none of which did for me. A clean install has everything functioning smoothly. Not sure if Windows has a standalone driver for such an issue, but it should (if it doesn't; couldn't find one) as it would alleviate a lot of trial and error, and offer a quicker solution.

scop8, Jul 31, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Did you try a different Ethernet cord? Did you make sure that it was firmly plugged into the Ethernet jack on the computer and also on the Gateway?

When you get that error, it is not getting the IP lease from the Gateway. You can try Farbar's Service Scanner and minitoolbox. They are available at bleepingcomputer.com in their download area.

bro67, Jul 31, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

It is an error that happens when the computer network adapter is not getting an IP Lease. It is not a lot of people that get that error, because it is one of those that too many jump the gun and automatically post online, instead of working through troubleshooting steps.

If the Ethernet is built onto the motherboard, try Asus's driver. Also check the Bios to make sure that the onboard Ethernet/LAN is not disabled.

bro67, Jul 31, 2016
  9. scop8 Win User
    It IS a lot of people, because I've been reading around various forums. While I appreciate responses in general, I don't know why you're posting on a 'solved' thread, and with a prickly, contrarian tone (for the sake of I don't know what) throughout at that, but neither is necessary. None of your suggestions were the problem, and even MS has stated that this is an issue that many encounter in the upgrade, with offers of several different fixes. Again, a clean install took care of everything.

scop8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No net access after Win 10 ISO file upgrade - Similar Threads - net access ISO

2. Win 10 ISO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 ISO: Can anybody point me in the direction where I can get a copy of Win 10 English ISO that isn't directly from Microsoft? Ive been trying to download the stupid ISO from their website for the past 3 days and I get a network time out error every time. Ive tried different...
  3. Win 10 and win 8.1 and .ISO FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 and win 8.1 and .ISO FILES: Hi, How do I Create a DVD for software install from an .iso file?? I am using Win 10. Thank you, tdg2594 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-and-win-81-and-iso-files/e8eb0f47-ddfb-4200-af9e-07f0ee3baa7b
  4. Unable to download win 10 iso file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download win 10 iso file.: [ATTACH] Hey guys I encountered an error while I attempt to download win 10 iso file from my I pad pro. please help me getting out of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-win-10-iso-file/d770a3d7-817b-4802-bbac-1ed5e374b2c9
  5. win 10 iso

win 10 iso: I got usb stick version of win 10 I have formatted it can I download iso somewhere help me out please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-10-iso/76efb25c-c845-437f-800d-7dd151522c0a
  6. Win 10 Pro iso file

Win 10 Pro iso file: Where can I download the Win 10 Pro iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10-pro-iso-file/b40e6868-f5eb-425f-a7bc-7dd083d8a1cd
  7. Win 10 ISO

Win 10 ISO: I just created the Spring Update 1803 USB ISO for use on 2 PC's Win10 Pro x 64 Bit. Question: I have a Laptop running 1709 Win 10 Home Edition x 64 Bit. Is it possible to upgrade the Laptop to 1803 using the same USB Win 10 Pro 1803? or should I create another ISO...
  8. Win 10 ISO

Win 10 ISO: There's 3 choices provided by the MCT/Media Creation Tool, one for 32-bit/x86, one for 64-bit/x64 and the third is for both on the same bootable USB 8GB or larger [preferably 16GB] or an .iso file for use with a DVD+R/DL [Dual Layer] disc [holds nearly 8GB]. In addition,...
  9. Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10: Hiya....I mounted my windows 10 ISO file with Magic Disk to upgrade only to find out that Windows 10 does not support Magic Disk. I uninstalled the drive it was using in device manager but still does not allow me to delete it. Everytime I reboot the ISO shows as mounted...
  10. What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file

in Windows 10 News
    What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file: [img] On November 12th, Microsoft finally began rolling out its first major update for Windows 10 (build 10586). On the same day, the New Xbox One Experience (build 10586) was made available to everyone too, and now we're just waiting for Windows 10 Mobile, which should...