Windows 10: No Network Adapter After Installing Windows

Discus and support No Network Adapter After Installing Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570 E Gaming CPU: AMD 3900X Background: My computer was working fine, but then I had to remove my m.2 SSD. In the process I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YoshiMoshi, Nov 22, 2020.

1. No Network Adapter After Installing Windows

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570 E Gaming

CPU: AMD 3900X

Background: My computer was working fine, but then I had to remove my m.2 SSD. In the process I damaged one of the m.2 sockets on my MOBO. So I plugged the M.2 into the second socket. My computer wouldn't recognize it despite multiple tries. I gave up and concluded either the m.2 itself was damaged or the second socket was also damaged. So I went and bought a copy of Windows 10 Home and installed it onto a SATA SSD.

Problem: It appears to be an older version of Windows 10 I don't recognize. It acts as if I don't have a network adapter.

1606058877078660131394693016367.thumb.jpg.d4e785396faaa0c5bfd1b44a2138d57f.jpg

It keeps on telling me to plug in an ethernet cable, but I have Wi-Fi only were I live. It's as if I don't have the option to turn on Wi-Fi.

16060589705215384698907833168058.thumb.jpg.2a280bdf959237f6c347fad6651c238c.jpg

Note that my Wi-Fi was working fine when I was booting from my m.2 drive.

Can anyone help me turn on Wi-Fi please. I don't seem to have the option.

:)

YoshiMoshi, Nov 22, 2020

2. Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Nov 22, 2020
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 22, 2020
  4. No Network Adapter After Installing Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

No Network Adapter After Installing Windows

1. No Network Adapter After Installing Windows - Similar Threads - Network Adapter Installing

2. Network adapters not showing up after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters not showing up after windows 10 installation: Hello there,I bought new dell e5440 latitude laptop and installed windows 10 with bootable usb.now i cannot see wifi.i tried connecting ethernet cable from the router, but the laptop is not detecting .I downloaded few network adapter drivers and tried to install, its saying...
  3. Network adapters not showing up after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapters not showing up after windows 10 installation: Hello there,I bought new dell e5440 latitude laptop and installed windows 10 with bootable usb.now i cannot see wifi.i tried connecting ethernet cable from the router, but the laptop is not detecting .I downloaded few network adapter drivers and tried to install, its saying...
  4. Network adapters not showing up after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 7 Network Adapter not working after new install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Network Adapter not working after new install: Hello, I just installed a new fresh install of Win 7 on an ASUS X55A Intel Pentium CPU 2020M and when I booted up I found out that non of the drivers were installed/working. I've actually fixed this problem once when I was repairing this exact laptop but now I just can't...
  6. Windows 7 Network Adapter not working after new install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Network Adapter not working after new install: Hello, I just installed a new fresh install of Win 7 on an ASUS X55A Intel Pentium CPU 2020M and when I booted up I found out that non of the drivers were installed/working. I've actually fixed this problem once when I was repairing this exact laptop but now I just can't...
  7. Network adapter not properly installed after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapter not properly installed after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10, but ethernet does not connect. I've tried many methods like reinstalling network adapters in device manager, installing offline driver installers via a flash drive (like 3DP Net), ensuring certain services are running in Services. Nothing works. I've...
  8. No network adapter after windows 10 install

No network adapter after windows 10 install: After a fresh windows 10 install my computer isnt picking up any network adapter. Only the debug kernen is listes. Trying to update drivers which i had on a flash drive, fails being that no actual adapter is presebt on the computer....
  9. Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384: Hi After installing the latest update KB4515384, my Intel wireless network card and Intel lan card have stopped working. Device Manager reports a device error and cannot start it. Deinstalling KB4515384 solved the problem. My Lan card is integrated on Gigigabyte B450 AORUS...
  10. Network Adapter not working after installing new GPU

Network Adapter not working after installing new GPU: I changed my GPU yesterday and then I reinstalled my Windows. I noticed I didn't have any connection even with the cable plugged. I used my phone for tethering and got the drivers, believing just that the drivers were not installed. Nothing changed. I chose to reinstall my...