Windows 10: No network after Windows 10 build 10586 update

Discus and support No network after Windows 10 build 10586 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Probably running into the same issue others experienced when upgrading from 8.1 pro to Windows 10 when hyper-v was enabled in 8.1 pro, except you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VBs, Nov 12, 2015.

1. No network after Windows 10 build 10586 update

Something similar worked for me.

I had no internet after the update and when I checked the Ethernet Properties and the connection uses only VirtualBox was active.

No network after Windows 10 build 10586 update [​IMG]

I activated some others including IPV4 and IPV6 and the internet worked again.

markhallen, Nov 12, 2015
  2. nanbush Win User

I have 3 machines in a home workgroup, which were all seeing each other and networking fine. Since a few days ago the Windows 10 Home (Lenovo All-in-one) has gone blind, can see no computer beyond itself, though it's okay and working with the two printers on the network. Other machines (Win 8.1 and 7 laptops) can see the Win 10 but cannot connect with it for sharing. All 3 machines share the same workgroup name, password, and wireless connection. Router is fine, and Internet working on all 3 of them.

I'm not strong on navigating Win 10 yet, have triple-checked everything I can think of on Control Panel Network, Workgroup, Settings...but am missing something. I see other laments here and on Google; might this have anything to do with the 10586 update, which I believe happened around the time my network failed? What to try?
    Thanks for any assistance.

nanbush, Nov 12, 2015
  3. razy60 Win User
    Two things I noticed was that location services and the onboard Vpn (not any private services you may have) were on once I disabled them my connection came back.

razy60, Nov 13, 2015
  4. mfaklis Win User

No network after Windows 10 build 10586 update

I posted in Laptop fail to update to build 10586 .... a method to isolate a device driver problem.

By the way, I had Hyper-V running Server 2009 R2 when the upgrade began. The virtual machine started right up after the 10586 upgrade.

mfaklis, Nov 14, 2015
  5. VBS
    VBs Win User
    Problem solved had to remove all network adapters including hyper-v network switches (before that had to remove it from all virtual PCs). Then re-scanned hardware reinstalled physical adapters and recreated hyper-v switches. problem was with hyper-v network.

6. nanbush Win User
    Good try, and thanks, but mine were already disabled.

nanbush, Nov 18, 2015
  7. gombosi Win User
    Dear Colleagues,
    I have four workstations running win10 Enterprise downloaded from MSDN. Exactly 30 days after the installation the Microsoft delayed bomb of 10586 has blown up and I perfectly lost the network connection. I tried everything described in this blog and anywhere google gave me without any success. I downloaded the new version from MSDN and I installed it over the MS upgrade but it did not want to work. A clean install of 10586 was the only thing helped.
    We need to get used to that Microsoft regularly places a delayed bomb under our desks and these bombs sooner or later blow up. My advice is that making experiments with the dead system is longer than reinstalling everything from the scratch.

gombosi, Dec 20, 2015
  8. mfaklis Win User

The 1511 (10586) update was released into the wild by Microsoft four times last month. Microsoft pulled the third version itself after a couple days. Last week, Microsoft released a fifth version of this update. I spent most of November on this problem. I could get it working for no more than a couple days, and when it crashed, it crashed hard, destroying the recovery partition, disabling the event log, and other problems I've posted. I found piece of mind only after reverting to Windows 8.1.

Microsoft is pushing us into the false promise to trust them without questioning. They keep modifying the Windows Update to apply updates automatically as they are released. If running off Azure, Microsoft applies updates without notice. I run my own WSUS server so I have some control. but it's near impossible to find any information about the updates that's needed to make a determination to accept or reject and update. Can anyone find any Microsoft notice that the 1511 update as been revised and reposted five times or that it destroys Windows 10 machines making them unrecoverable?

I follow CERT, NIST, Norton, McAfee, and Microsoft notices of computer vulnerabilities. The 1511 update wasn't mentioned at all, even though it is so prevalent and destructive. Most users don't stand a chance dealing with recovering from the 1511 update.

mfaklis, Dec 20, 2015
  9. gombosi Win User
    Dear Colleagues,
    let me have a SOLVED addition to my last entry. I was successful in upgrading two computers with the method as follows.
    You need to download the upgrade from somewhere, say MSDN. I have the ver 10586.0. You need to have it ready on the HDD of the computer to be upgraded. then the network should be galvanically disconnected (unplugged) and then you can start the upgrade.
    My experience is that in case you do not disconnect the network then the system uses the "poisoned" version for the upgrade and finally you get the disconnected forever version of W10 - believe me, I tried it and the computer upgraded this way is still dead. If the upgrade cannot access the network then it uses the usable version. After the final reboot of the upgrade the network can be reconnected and you are ready, the system is up and running.
    God save Microsoft as wihout them we were unemployed!

gombosi, Dec 26, 2015
  10. tohn Win User
    Thank you very Much! This solved the problem. *Cool

BTW: just to be clear on what was going on, hyper-v create a virtual network device and that' s the device use for IPv4/6 connectivity, also by the physical machine. The real NIC should only have the virtual hyper-v switch protocol enabled and is used to route traffic between VMs, the physical machine and the real cable.

After the update, the real NIC had all protocols enabled but not the hyper-v switch, the hyper-v virtual nic was disabled, and any attempt to change this settings ended with some kind on error. Even Ipconfig was not showing but an empty result.

with netcfg -d after the reboot, the hyper-v virtual nic was deleted, and only the real NIC card was showing and working.

Now I have to reconfigure HyperV card.. but that will be trivial (i hope).

11. JohnM72 Win User
    I had the same problem and uninstalled the driver. Re-booted and win 10 installed the driver and all it working.

JohnM72, Feb 4, 2016
  12. JohnD Win User
    I'm suffering similarly after upgrading. I suspect it's something to do with having the PC set up previously as a work group, which isn't an option with Win 10 build 10586. I cannot create home group.

Internet access is fine, via a CAT5 cable to the router, which is less than a metre away. No problems there.

The default gateway is a bog standard 192.168.1.1, the same as the proxy for the DNS.

I can see, read and write files on my Win 7 laptop from PC, but the Laptop cannot open the PC (just sits - no response, no activity at all, no error message) even though the computer is present in the Network window. Both computers are in the same workgroup.

I have exactly the same error messages and shortcomings as above. And I can't create the private network required for a home group.

I have replaced and updated the network card driver (Realtek) and made suggested changes to Network Settings in the Registry. I've done all the things listed above, including running " netcfg -d" and more, but no change.

There's no wireless NIC card so everything's blank in that area.

Have MS forgotten that desktop PCs aren't phones or tablets?

I commiserate with others in the same predicament, but I really don't relish uninstalling and re-installing lots of heavyweight programs like Office and AdobeCS if the only solution is a major repair/re-install of Windows 10. On the face of it. it appears either something is missing or hasn't been brought into play.

JohnD, Feb 20, 2016
  13. JohnD Win User

In the end I backed up all the data and used a week old image to re-image the C: drive. All is now well.

I suspect Windows update KB3135173 is responsible for the foul-ups judging by the amount of activity in support forums. (e.g. KB3135173 file types - Google Search)

Good luck everyone.

JohnD, Feb 21, 2016
  14. Galane Win User
    Well, now I have another PC where 10 is refusing to talk to the outside world. Fresh online update to 1511 which also automatically downloaded the July 12, 2016 Servicing Stack Update (that's the only update it downloaded).

System is a Dell Inspiron 530 mini tower with 4 gig RAM, upgraded with a Core 2 Quad. There were 2 versions of this model, one can take a Quad core, the other can't.

It *had* working internet for a few hours after it was done with the upgrade then *blip* no internet. On this one the troubleshooters insist they can find no problem at all.

Just ran an elevated command prompt, entered netcfg -d then rebooted after it said it couldn't automatically reboot. Glory be! It has internet access again, at least until the next time it decided to not have.

Galane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No network after Windows 10 build 10586 update - Similar Threads - network build 10586

2. Laptop fail to update to build 10586 ....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop fail to update to build 10586 ....: I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop. Both desktop update fine to build 10586 but the laptop keep saying up to date after check. Even try Lan connection still no go for laptop to update. Any suggestion to force laptop to update? All running Windows 10 Pro. 29567
  3. Post Build 10586 Update Woes

Post Build 10586 Update Woes: Yesterday, Windows Update sent me an update to install Windows 10 Pro Build 10586. I didn't expect it but I've been trying to fix my Win 10 Pro installation since the two-hour update finished. I couldn't get the Start button to do anything until I restarted my system...
  4. Update to Build 10586

Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  5. Build 10586

Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  6. CPU Increase after update to Windows 10 Build 10586

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Increase after update to Windows 10 Build 10586: Has anyone noticed increase in CPU after updating Windows 10 yesterday? My pc has increased from a normal 0% to 5% when not being used to 5% to 10%. In trying to figure it out, it seems part of the usage may be, due to: audiodg.exe, dwm.exe. speechruntime.exe and interrupts....
  7. Windows 10 Build 1511, 10586 update version fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 1511, 10586 update version fail: Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586 Firstly, I have bought a Laptop which including Windows 10 OEM from factory then I add SSD and Clone HHD which have a licence (all of disk to SSD). After that, I have been trying to up version to be 10586, during updating...
  8. Windows 10 Build 10586 (TH2) Update Problem.

Windows 10 Build 10586 (TH2) Update Problem.: I used the Media Creation Tool to perform the update to 10586. I have W10 Pro x64. All appears to be fine except for one thing. When I go to PC Settings|Update & security|Recovery and click on 'Restart now' my PC does an ordinary restart. It no longer shows the Advanced...
  9. Unable to update to Build 10586

Unable to update to Build 10586: I tried updating normally using Windows Update. It fails in less than 10 seconds. I tried using Media Creation Tool. It downloads the update, but at the end it fails again and tell me restart my PC and try again. I tried deleting the files at...
  10. Windows will not update after 10586

Windows will not update after 10586: When Windows 10 was originally available I managed to update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - with problems sending me back to Windows 7 several times. The windows upgrade assistant says my desktop is on Windows 10 update 10586 and updates up to 15063 are available. I have...