Windows 10: No network storage access from Windows 10 Pro machine

Discus and support No network storage access from Windows 10 Pro machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new PC running Windows 10 Pro and cannot it to my network storage [a 1TB drive connected to my router] just getting the message attached when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeanMcM, Oct 6, 2018.

1. SeanMcM Win User

No network storage access from Windows 10 Pro machine

I have a new PC running Windows 10 Pro and cannot it to my network storage [a 1TB drive connected to my router] just getting the message attached when entering it in explorer. My other W10 and W7 devices and Macs can see it, but not the new machine, Have found topics on this online but no solution. I've added SMB1 Client as suggested in some reports, which meant I could actually see the network resource, but when I select it I get the same error message.

What can I do to solve it?

No network storage access from Windows 10 Pro machine 07ce0880-a7bf-4532-beb2-cc242ea903af?upload=true.jpg

:)

SeanMcM, Oct 6, 2018

2. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 6, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Three machines:
    Surface Pro 4 - fully updated
    Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated
    Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated

• All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other.
    • All three machines can successfully access and interact with third party network devices. In this case, it is a NAS and a network printer.
    • The windows 8.1 machine can access each of the other windows 10 machines
    • Neither Windows 10 machines can access any other windows share on the network.
      • This gets me error 80070035 with diagnostics telling me nothing
    • All three machines are on a Homegroup and while each can see, no one can access anything

Trouble shooting tried:
    • Double checked all sharing settings on all three computers. They are identical.
    • Double checked workgroups
    • Tried it via IP addresses
    • Reset winsock on all machines
    • Flushed DNS on all machines
    • Reset the router
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Windows sharing and about 3 other network protocols and services
    • Enabled NetBios
    • ran this: sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
      sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled
    • Messing around with all sorts of netsh commands clearing and flushing all sorts of other things

I'm fresh out of ideas. Any thoughts would be helpful.

taward, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. No network storage access from Windows 10 Pro machine - Similar Threads - network storage access

2. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  3. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  4. Connect access network scanner storage works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect access network scanner storage works in Windows 10: Hi,I have a scanner which stores scanned data on a USB drive and is connected to my network. In Windows 10, I can access this storage in Windows explorer using the IP address, e. g. \\192.168.1.55. In Windows 11, this does not work anymore. Explorer says it cannot access the...
  5. Connect access network scanner storage works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect access network scanner storage works in Windows 10: Hi,I have a scanner which stores scanned data on a USB drive and is connected to my network. In Windows 10, I can access this storage in Windows explorer using the IP address, e. g. \\192.168.1.55. In Windows 11, this does not work anymore. Explorer says it cannot access the...
  6. Accessing files on a network storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing files on a network storage device: I can´t access files from my network storage from one of my surface book win 10 pro though I can from my older surface win 10 by right click on the device and choosing set public connection. How can I do the same with Win Pro?Thx for any help...
  7. Network Access Storage access problem

Network Access Storage access problem: I have a problem previously reported and not resolved by anyone. I can no longer see my Network Access Storage NAS device. This happened today, Christmas Day, 2020. Worked yesterday. Yes, I can ping it. I can open a browser and log into it. I look at files this way. The...
  8. Windows 10 Pro and Network Attached Storage devices

Windows 10 Pro and Network Attached Storage devices: Hi. I am running two pc's on a local network. One is running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 and the other is running Windows 10 Pro build 10.0.19041. Home version of Windows 10 can access my WD Ex2 Cloud device while the Windows Pro version provides error code...
  9. Permision to access a machine on my network failure

Permision to access a machine on my network failure: I have a small home network, with all the machines running Windows 10, and they're kept up to date. The problem I have is that I need to transfer quite a few files from one to another, as I'm changing the machine my wife uses her existing one is incredibly slow. Clearly it...
  10. Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network

Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network: I am having networking problems since the 1803 update. My network includes 1 desktop and 5 laptops. The desktop is my server and has a drive that is shared with all machines. 4 of the laptops can access the 5Ghz wireless network I have. The last laptop can only access the...