Windows 10: No Network

Discus and support No Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, so I have an issue with my alienware. Recently, the laptop will not connect to any network, will not show that any networks are available, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanikaTurcic, Dec 29, 2018.

1. No Network

Okay, so I have an issue with my alienware. Recently, the laptop will not connect to any network, will not show that any networks are available, and has airplane turned on with the option to switch it off greyed out.

Troubleshooting does nothing. Changing adaptor settings does nothing as the folder is empty.

I can't even reinstall Norton Security or use windows defender.

I have no vpn installed, mostly only games and chrome.

I also can't reset the laptop to factory settings, as it tells me there was an issue and none of my files were touched.

I have tried everything in my power to fix this issue, it has nothing to do with my home modem as it works for every other device in the house. I have reset, shut down, use command prompts all sorts of things.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I cannot update them as I have no internet connection. Another issue is that my Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless- N 2230 is stating that 'windows is still setting up the class config. For this device' and in my network properties everything is disconnected as well as the internet symbol not showing in the tray.

I'm at a loss and I really don't want to chuck this laptop.

:)

DanikaTurcic, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

No Network

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

No Network

1. No Network - Similar Threads - Network

2. I bought minecraft, but the network game does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought minecraft, but the network game does not work: I purchased Minecraft from the Microsoft Store. After downloading and launching it, the online game button is just grey and inactive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-minecraft-but-the-network-game-does-not/1826ecd8-3e9b-4ede-ad7a-484933c23d26
  3. I bought minecraft, but the network game does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought minecraft, but the network game does not work: I purchased Minecraft from the Microsoft Store. After downloading and launching it, the online game button is just grey and inactive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-minecraft-but-the-network-game-does-not/1826ecd8-3e9b-4ede-ad7a-484933c23d26
  4. Network adapter showing code 56 error and can't access Internet with ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter showing code 56 error and can't access Internet with ethernet: I have wifi ethernet adapter for my desktop and I'm getting under Device Manager is the little yellow triangle with the exclamation mark, and Device status of "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56". I did originally install update the...
  5. Network adapter showing code 56 error and can't access Internet with ethernet

Network adapter showing code 56 error and can't access Internet with ethernet: I have wifi ethernet adapter for my desktop and I'm getting under Device Manager is the little yellow triangle with the exclamation mark, and Device status of "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56". I did originally install update the...
  6. Network File sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network File sharing: ive been trying to figure out how to share files through network on my house, My PC is connected through LAN Cable and my laptop is using wifi, how can i access my files on my pc, both setup are set on private file sharing is enabled, but it doesnt detect the PC on my laptop...
  7. Network File sharing

Network File sharing: ive been trying to figure out how to share files through network on my house, My PC is connected through LAN Cable and my laptop is using wifi, how can i access my files on my pc, both setup are set on private file sharing is enabled, but it doesnt detect the PC on my laptop...
  8. why does my laptop can only access 1 wifi network while my other devices can access 4+ more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my laptop can only access 1 wifi network while my other devices can access 4+ more...: in my laptop whenever i try to see my networks, i can only see 1 or 2 wifi networks but my phone has access to 4+ networks, is it because my laptop has a weak signal strength compared to my other devices or is it something else, the laptop was given to me this week by my...
  9. why does my laptop can only access 1 wifi network while my other devices can access 4+ more...

why does my laptop can only access 1 wifi network while my other devices can access 4+ more...: in my laptop whenever i try to see my networks, i can only see 1 or 2 wifi networks but my phone has access to 4+ networks, is it because my laptop has a weak signal strength compared to my other devices or is it something else, the laptop was given to me this week by my...
  10. why does my laptop can only access 1 wifi network while my other devices can access 4+ more...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing