Windows 10: no networking capability / WIFI / Wired after windows 10 update

Discus and support no networking capability / WIFI / Wired after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; last week my laptop (which i dont power off very often) auto updated a windows update (KB4493464) and since all wifi connections have disappeared and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arabracer, Jun 20, 2019.

1. arabracer Win User

no networking capability / WIFI / Wired after windows 10 update

last week my laptop (which i dont power off very often) auto updated a windows update (KB4493464) and since all wifi connections have disappeared and i cannot connect to broadband via wired capability!

tried uninstalling said up-date which briefly fixed the issue for 2 days before the update has reinstalled and now reinstalls itself as soon as i uninstall and restart so cannot connect to the internet at al!

i cant stop the auto updates (cheers ms!).

please help its an acer aspire e1 - 572 and im at my wits end - ive tried usual searches on my phone - but without internet access i dont know what to do.........

:)

arabracer, Jun 20, 2019

2. Can not connect to wired network and wifi at the same time.

I have a Windows 7 box I'm working with.

There is a wired local network which provides access to a network hard drive and printer.

There is a wireless network that provides access to the internet.

The system had been working fine.

Problem now is that the wifi will find the router, but not connect to the internet.

Now when the wired network is plugged in the wifi will connect to the router, but not provide internet access.

If I unplug the wired network the wifi connects to the internet normally.

Windows Network Diagnostics is unable to provide any solution or possible cause.

One thing that comes to mind is a problem with the network card (which is build into the motherboard).

Another idea that comes to mind is that the computer is attempting to get internet access from the wired connection and when that fails it is not going to the wifi connection. Is there a way to tell Windows to only look for internet access via the wifi?

I followed the process here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2526067

Moving the wifi network connection to the top of the list. Wired to the bottom.

Is there any thing I should be looking at in the software or settings? Thanks.

Skippy Smith, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached

Yes I have now checked advanced settings on the Wired network interface as well.

Nothing...

So if Only I could get this super advanced Windows 10 Network behavior disabled I would be happy.

So stuck for now - any other suggestions????

jensenflemming, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Cabotron Win User

change wifi or wired network to public

how do you change a wifi or wired network to public in Windows 10?

Cabotron, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. no networking capability / WIFI / Wired after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - networking capability WIFI

2. lost wifi capability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost wifi capability.: windows updated my acer 16-41 nitro and now i have completely lost any access to wifi. the icon for wifi is gone. only options are ethernet and bluetooth......?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-capability/36701263-72cd-4d4c-b0bf-9dc7d969e142
  3. lost wifi capability.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost wifi capability.: windows updated my acer 16-41 nitro and now i have completely lost any access to wifi. the icon for wifi is gone. only options are ethernet and bluetooth......?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-capability/36701263-72cd-4d4c-b0bf-9dc7d969e142
  4. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch: Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to Internet and Intranet and the WIFI to connect a tablet to the computer as a controller for one software.The wired network works...
  5. Wired Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wired Network: Centurylink4343 is connected to my IP Address When I log in so do they I see the link go up the side of my house To a house address that dose not exist ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/wired-network/555bb853-f7fb-4a7b-9565-1a1ae230beb2
  6. Wired and WIFI Networks

Wired and WIFI Networks: Helloooo! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during these strange times! This is my first post, and I am a relative noob, so please be gentle :) I fully expect I might need to get someone in, for this problem. I am not trying avoid paying anyone. But seeing as I cant get...
  7. Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates

Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 Built 17134 x64. Wifi internet has been working fine for many years, but suddenly stopped working after what I can only suspect was a Windows update that caused an issue. I have been through...
  8. Wired home network has collapsed after recent Win 10 update

Wired home network has collapsed after recent Win 10 update: For a long time I have had a very stable wired network of four PCs (and a fifth if I choose to add it) until the recent Win 10 update. Suddenly my network and workgroup have collapsed. One exception is my wife's PC, which I can see from my main office PC and, because a...
  9. Wired Network

Wired Network: Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips? 38180
  10. Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached

Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached: Hi, I am currently struggling with the following problem: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that has wired internet connection to the office network. And on top of that I need the computer to ALSO connect to my Sonoff Relay (ESP8266 Soft Access Point) over WiFi. So I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 no wi fi capability