Windows 10: No networks appearing?

Discus and support No networks appearing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Alright so, new laptop. I was on it later today and it worked fine. No ethernet cable or anything. Then i turned it off for a few hours. Now im on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by komaedashoe, Oct 2, 2019.

1. No networks appearing?

Alright so, new laptop. I was on it later today and it worked fine. No ethernet cable or anything. Then i turned it off for a few hours. Now im on it right now, and now its saying it needs a ethernet cable? How do i change back to how it was before so i can connect to the internet without one? No internet networks are appearing too, unlike last time. I tried messing around to see if I can change it back, but nothing. I dont even know how this happened. I dont even have a ethernet cable. Help.

:)

komaedashoe, Oct 2, 2019

2. Wireless Networks missing. Only Network 3 appears as Ethernet.

Hi Deanna,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, I like to know; what is the make and model of your computer?

This issue might occur when network drivers are not updated.

I suggest you try updating your network adapters and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 2, 2019
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

No networks appearing?

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

No networks appearing?

1. No networks appearing? - Similar Threads - networks appearing

2. Network drives appearing differently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drives appearing differently: I have two D-Link NAS drives, essentially identical on a home network. We'll call them, DNS-1, and DNS-2. One appears totally normally and is labelled "network drive" in the "properties" window. The other is labelled "network Folder" and while totally accessible, does not...
  3. Network drives appearing differently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drives appearing differently: I have two D-Link NAS drives, essentially identical on a home network. We'll call them, DNS-1, and DNS-2. One appears totally normally and is labelled "network drive" in the "properties" window. The other is labelled "network Folder" and while totally accessible, does not...
  4. Network drives appearing differently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The network adapter is hidden and the yellow icon appears on 2 of the adapters in the...

The network adapter is hidden and the yellow icon appears on 2 of the adapters in the...: Hello. The network adapter is hidden and has a yellow symbol on it in the device manager. When I connect the modem cable, it does not connect to the Internet, and when I update the network driver, this error is displayed...
  6. The network adapter is hidden and the yellow icon appears on 2 of the adapters in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The network adapter is hidden and the yellow icon appears on 2 of the adapters in the...: Hello. The network adapter is hidden and has a yellow symbol on it in the device manager. When I connect the modem cable, it does not connect to the Internet, and when I update the network driver, this error is displayed...
  7. Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in Settings >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  8. Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings

Network Adapters Appear in Control Panel but Not in Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in Settings >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  9. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections: In network connections my computer consistently shows multiple versions of my home network; I have a Fios router and the name of the network is MOTOR18, however, there are always at least 4 'MOTOR 18' networks shown, and also always 'MOTOR18 2, MOTOR18 3,' and so on. They all...
  10. Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple versions of home network appear in network connections: In network connections my computer consistently shows multiple versions of my home network; I have a Fios router and the name of the network is MOTOR18, however, there are always at least 4 'MOTOR 18' networks shown, and also always 'MOTOR18 2, MOTOR18 3,' and so on. They all...