Windows 10: No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter

Discus and support No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG] I fell asleep last night while working and woke up at around 4:30. I went over to my PC hoping to get some more work done and noticed it had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cassius Dio, Mar 4, 2019.

1. No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter

No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter [​IMG]

I fell asleep last night while working and woke up at around 4:30. I went over to my PC hoping to get some more work done and noticed it had just completely frozen at, I believe it was around 11:35 PM. There was nothing I could do, so I just held the power button down and restarted the computer. Everything works just fine.. except for some reason my wifi wont work anymore. I have a wireless adapter, but my PC wont show any available networks to connect to. I went on device manager and checked the deive status of ny Realtek adapter, under which it said everything is working fine. I typed in “netsh wlan show networks” into command prompt and it said “There is no wireless interface on this system.” I also tried updating my adapters drivers and making sure that power saving wasnt on and setting the power settings for the adapter to maximum performance, but to no avail. I am stumped and hoping for some help.

:)

Cassius Dio, Mar 4, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Which network adapter?

My friend recently came over to my house with his laptop. Before I could connect him to my lan he detected several wireless networks in the area. I want to connect to these wireless networks, but I don't know what kind of adapter I need. I searched his laptop model and this is his network adapter http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm

It seems he could get both N, and G signals

what would any of you guys suggest?

Network_guy, Mar 4, 2019
  4. No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter

Wireless Network Connection adapter name.

Thank you for your reply.

My query is about the network adapter name change happened in Windows 10 from Windows 7.

In windows 10 it displays "Wi- Fi"

where as in Windows 7 it is "Wireless Network Connection".

Can we expect the adapter name as "Wi-Fi" in all Windows 10 machine, or there is any name change by default.

AnanthuAnilkumar, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter

1. No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter - Similar Threads - networks available connect

2. Network adapters and wireless connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapters and wireless connection.: I booted up on laptop and i saw that it was not connected to the internet and when i clicked the icon to connect to a network there were no options. I click network connection on control panel and there was an x on wifi and Ethernet and Ethernet 2 I searched up how to fix it...
  3. I keep Losing internet connection even though I'm connected to a Wireless Network.

I keep Losing internet connection even though I'm connected to a Wireless Network.: Just as the title says, I keep losing internet Connection even though I'm connected to my home wireless network. when running the troubleshooter it says "Your Computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource * is not responding" where the * changes...
  4. Wireless Network adapter

Wireless Network adapter: Hi I tried to unistall my wireless network adapter via device manager, but after restarting my laptop it didn’t reinstall the wirelesd network adapter so I can not connect to any wifi-network. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance...
  5. Wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Network adapter: I recently had trouble with my Realtek 8821ae wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-e nic. Every hour or so my internet would get cut out and it would be a massive problem. The only way I could fix this is by restarting my computer only to face the same problem again. My computer is a...
  6. Wireless network adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapters: The wifi card i have in my custom built PC is a qualcomm atheros QCA61x4, and recently it hasn't been working. For the past few months I've been utilizing a wired connection, but I moved and now use wifi, but I cannot detect any networks and therefore can't use the internet...
  7. Bluetooth not available even though I had a Bluetooth adapter built in with the WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not available even though I had a Bluetooth adapter built in with the WiFi adapter: I was having issues with my pc earlier involving Bluetooth, and I made the dumb decision to uninstall the Bluetooth driver entirely like the complete idiot I am. I tried installing another driver from intel and restarted my PC, nothing seems to work, I have been scouting the...
  8. wireless network adapter

wireless network adapter: my wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting i've taken all the recommended steps so far but have had no success fixing the problem. Other devices work fine on it, ethernet works fine on the device in question but wireless connection disconnects over and over and over...
  9. not connected -connections available: even though I am actually connected.

not connected -connections available: even though I am actually connected.: Hello All, I am connected and I am posing this message from the laptop that is showing this message. This has been going on for weeks now. So I thought it was just a cosmetic problem so I ignored it. Now suddenly my apps such as MS Word started to complain that my...
  10. Wireless Network Adapter

Wireless Network Adapter: Acer Laptop, O/S: win 10 64 bit, the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network adapter is not working; tried to reinstall driver but failed (error 10). What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e5121563-83e5-4bba-9296-23feb77f6b12

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no wi-fi even though wireless adapter working