Windows 10: No new icons after version 2004 update

Discus and support No new icons after version 2004 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, everyone... I have a question related to an array of new icons recently introduced to Windows 10. Speaking frankly, I really like to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by khalimLIVE, Aug 4, 2020.

1. No new icons after version 2004 update

Hello, everyone...

I have a question related to an array of new icons recently introduced to Windows 10. Speaking frankly, I really like to see the new appearance of Windows 10's icons as I've seen in Youtube and several websites. Because of this, I then decided to update my Windows version to 2004 previously 1909, with the hope of getting those new icons as well as new personalization features.

However, after the update was completed and my laptop was restarted, I felt very sad seeing that new icons and features did not appear. I don't know why this happens. In fact, a friend of mine has these refined icons in his 1909 or even earlier. If you have any solutions to this issue, please let me know.

FYI, I don't register for Windows Insider Program

Here is the look of old icons in the current 2004 version in my PC.

No new icons after version 2004 update 24e61d4d-c7e5-46dc-b588-66b28687b083?upload=true.png

No new icons after version 2004 update b89f7c0c-8b2a-4c92-bf5f-a9e966a03efe?upload=true.png

:)

khalimLIVE, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Jpv_2020 Win User

windows version 2004 update

After windows version 2004 update, internet is not working - tried all the trouble shooting steps but issue was persisted. Internet started to work only after reverting to previous version 1909

Jpv_2020, Aug 4, 2020
  3. XPEHOPE3 Win User
    Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

I ran into the very same issue with the latest GPU-Z version at Win 10 x64 - I rename the desktop shortcut and after some time I see blank icon for it, and reinstall-rename solution also won't survive restart. The solution I came up with was to extract the icon from GPU-Z and use it instead. This is yet to disappear after multiple restarts.

XPEHOPE3, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

No new icons after version 2004 update

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

No new icons after version 2004 update [​IMG]

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

Bree, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

No new icons after version 2004 update

1. No new icons after version 2004 update - Similar Threads - icons version 2004

2. Update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to version 2004: Hello, when i try update my Rig i got only 20h2 version but i dont want do download it. where is the version 2004 installation laucher? i still nothing found on it....
  3. The update version 2004

The update version 2004: Hello Up until today my system cant update to the version 2004 update. I just want to know why my system cant update and also when will it be able to as it is 7 months later since the update came out. Been updating every update since and still cant update....
  4. Update version 2004

Update version 2004: Is the Newest update really Version 2004? I want my computer up to date! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-version-2004/485f944a-8627-4e77-bf31-8061778b2bcc
  5. All desktop icons missing after feature update to W10, version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    All desktop icons missing after feature update to W10, version 2004: The computer is a Surface, but I don't know which model. It belongs to a friend. It's the obvious obvious question, how to I recover the icons?...
  6. New Feature Update version 2004

New Feature Update version 2004: I just installed the new feature update and my Screen Snipping tool is super laggy. What's up with that? Please fix! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-feature-update-version-2004/29ec04f0-be57-4b84-bda0-21729e90bdac
  7. Black desktop with icons after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black desktop with icons after updating to 2004: When updating from 18363 to 19041 Windows 10 x64 and after reboot the desktop is black. I had this in June. I had this a few days back. Q: is this a known issue? Yes, I read about black screens-issues, but I don't know whether others are facing screens that are entirely...
  8. Weird WIFI icon after updating to May 2004 version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird WIFI icon after updating to May 2004 version of Windows 10: I have a weird issue with WIFI icon after updating to May 2004 on Windows 10. I would appreciate if anybody knows the solution. I already foundthis thread with the same issue but the provided solution didn't help. [ATTACH]...
  9. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

in Cortana
    Cortana after Windows version 2004 update: Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana really useless....
  10. BSoD after update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...