Windows 10: No NGC folder on my PC??

Discus and support No NGC folder on my PC?? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, could you help me locate the NGC folder? Not only it is not in the usual location... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Azelide, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Azelide Win User

No NGC folder on my PC??

Hello, could you help me locate the NGC folder?

Not only it is not in the usual location C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft, there's actually no AppData folder in LocalService.

I'd like to use it to reset my Windows Hello PIN by the way.

I'm using HP Pavilion Power 15, Windows 10, version 2004.

:)

Azelide, Mar 8, 2021
  2. mxmxm~ Win User

No NGC folder

hi! after some major update happened to may laptop i had a hard time logging to my account using the PIN password. I want to fix this by deleting files in NGC folder but this folder is nowhere to find. There's no NGC folder in the appdata . I tried to
    find it everywhere but there's none.Please help me No NGC folder on my PC?? :(

mxmxm~, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

At some point I stopped being able to log in with my PIN or fingerprint reader. Since logging on with my password and trying to reset the PIN I have not been able to use Windows Hello.

Trying to add a new PIN leads to the eventual message of "Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your pin..."

Following instructions from various help forums I have deleted the contents of the Ngc folder and have also tried resetting the Access Control Lists on the Ngc folder. Neither of these things have worked.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

loginprobs, Mar 8, 2021
  4. enso Win User

No NGC folder on my PC??

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

No NGC folder on my PC??

1. No NGC folder on my PC?? - Similar Threads - NGC folder

2. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder: Whenever I open my laptop and then click sign in, it tells me to create Windows Hello PIN, but before creating my PIN it tells me to verify my identity and enter the PIN for my account, though I don't have one. And when I click 'I forgot my PIN' it says 'You can reset your...
  3. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder: Whenever I open my laptop and then click sign in, it tells me to create Windows Hello PIN, but before creating my PIN it tells me to verify my identity and enter the PIN for my account, though I don't have one. And when I click 'I forgot my PIN' it says 'You can reset your...
  4. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in: Hi, i really need help ASAP!So recently my Windows 10 sometimes shows "Something went wrong on our end" and shows error code 0x80280013 when im trying to sign in using my fingerprint or pin.Just like any other user, i search for that error code and got this result from...
  6. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in: Hi, i really need help ASAP!So recently my Windows 10 sometimes shows "Something went wrong on our end" and shows error code 0x80280013 when im trying to sign in using my fingerprint or pin.Just like any other user, i search for that error code and got this result from...
  7. Deleted NGC folder, now can't log in

8. Blank Login page after deleting Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Login page after deleting Ngc folder: Hi Folks!I have a problem that others had, too, but wasn't ever resolved.I had to reset and install my Windows 11 and everything seemed fine, could even log in with my previously set PIN. However, the "set up pin" notification kept bothering me and I wasn't able to set a PIN...
  9. Blank Login page after deleting Ngc folder

Blank Login page after deleting Ngc folder: Hi Folks!I have a problem that others had, too, but wasn't ever resolved.I had to reset and install my Windows 11 and everything seemed fine, could even log in with my previously set PIN. However, the "set up pin" notification kept bothering me and I wasn't able to set a PIN...
  10. Even after deleting my Ngc folder it still shows code code 0x80280013

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even after deleting my Ngc folder it still shows code code 0x80280013: I can't use my pin and fingerprint even though I can login using Microsoft account.It would be great if I can get some assistance on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/even-after-deleting-my-ngc-folder-it-still-shows/603b06d4-6d52-4614-86c8-c6cd1a13799f