Windows 10: No notification banners for removable drives.

Discus and support No notification banners for removable drives. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I thought this was just bitlocker stuff but its all removable drives. When I connect a removable drive I don't get a notification banner. I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lord Method Man, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Lord Method Man Win User

No notification banners for removable drives.

Ok, I thought this was just bitlocker stuff but its all removable drives.

When I connect a removable drive I don't get a notification banner. I get a sound and the notification goes straight to Action Center instead of showing the banner. I've gone in and disabled and renabled all the notifications, Ive made sure both "Banner" and "Sounds" are enabled for everything, but still nothing.

When I get an email in Outlook I get the banner like I'm supposed to, others programs like Logitech Gaming Software are also showing banners, so it seems like a device connection thing at the moment.

:)

Lord Method Man, Aug 9, 2015
  2. KCJackson Win User

No notification banners for removable drives since November update. Windows 10

If you have checked the AutoPlay settings and you still have certain units that won't show the banners, it may be a driver issue. The v1511 update likely updated some internal drivers in the basic Windows library... try rolling the drivers for those units
    back and see if you get banners again. I had to do that with the portable wireless antenna when I went from my Win8 unit to my new Win10 tower... the updated Win8/8.1 driver worked fine on Win8, but not on Win10, but going back to the older Win8 driver worked
    perfectly in Win10.

KCJackson, Aug 9, 2015
  3. KCC4 Win User
    No notification banners for removable drives since November update. Windows 10

Since November update there are no notification banners for usb flash drives the audio notification works ok but no banners. All the other notifications are ok, for external hard drives,emails it is just removable flash drives. If i have an external hard
    drive running then the notifications banner will show for the usb flash drive,but not when it is connected on its own. This has only happened since the November update.

KCC4, Aug 9, 2015
  4. sota24 Win User

I'm having the same problem, which I described at Windows 8.1/10 Bitlocker Toast Notification. It affects bitlocker and autoplay notifications. Notifications such as the alarm, 'safely remove' etc show properly so it does not seem to be a broader notification bug.

My system is an in place upgrade of Win 10 Pro x64 from Win 8.1 Pro x64.

sota24, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. No notification banners for removable drives. - Similar Threads - notification banners removable

2. song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow: Is there any way I can get the winamp song notification to play on the lock screen slideshow? I would very much appreciate if any one knows to let me know, thanks Moved from : Apps on Windows 10 / Groove Music...
  3. song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow

song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow: Is there any way I can get the winamp song notification to play on the lock screen slideshow? I would very much appreciate if any one knows to let me know, thanks...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications: Last week I installed a new hard drive on my computer and re-installed Windows 10. Previously I had used Windows Live Mail, but I changed to the pre-installed Windows 10 Mail program. Since then, I have had delays of up to 30 minutes receiving e-mails, and the audio/banner...
  5. Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner

in Browsers and Email
    Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner: I did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and used a local account instead of an MS one. No Mail notifications what so ever. All settings are correct. 22404
  6. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

in Browsers and Email
    Mail sounds required, but not notification banners: Jus' downloaded and installed windows 10 yesterday. How the heck do I get a sound notification for email in the mail app on Windows 10 without getting these popups at the bottom right?? To clarify, I need to know when emails arrive, but I cannot have banners randomly...
  7. Notification Banner change not being saved

Notification Banner change not being saved: When I go to Settings, System, Notifications & actions and turn off all notification for the app Cloud-ui.exe it turns off. When I go to reboot the app is turned on again. I also clicked on the app in settings and turned off the sound. That stayed off after reboot. When I...
  8. No sound and no banner for notifications synced from Windows 10 mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound and no banner for notifications synced from Windows 10 mobile: I sync notifications from my Windows 10 mobile device to the Windows 10 notebook, using the built in functionality provided by Cortana. Since a couple of days ago, there's no sound and no notification banner any more for these synced notifications, they just silently...
  9. Windows 10 1703 Notification Banners not showing any more?!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1703 Notification Banners not showing any more?!?: Hi, I recently installed clean Windows 10 1703 (about 6 days ago) for 2 days i have a situation with Notification Banners in right down corner next to Action Center. They do not appear anymore and even the sound, for example when i recive a mail the notification appear in...
  10. no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center

in Windows 10 Support
    no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center: So My computer is basically behaving as if quiet hours mode is activated, but quiet hours are NOT activated. For example, if I get an email or plug in a new device, the only thing that happens is the icon for action center goes from clear to white. This is only happening...