Windows 10: No notification banners for removable drives.

Discus and support No notification banners for removable drives. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I thought this was just bitlocker stuff but its all removable drives. When I connect a removable drive I don't get a notification banner. I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lord Method Man, Aug 9, 2015.

1. No notification banners for removable drives.

Ok, I thought this was just bitlocker stuff but its all removable drives.

When I connect a removable drive I don't get a notification banner. I get a sound and the notification goes straight to Action Center instead of showing the banner. I've gone in and disabled and renabled all the notifications, Ive made sure both "Banner" and "Sounds" are enabled for everything, but still nothing.

When I get an email in Outlook I get the banner like I'm supposed to, others programs like Logitech Gaming Software are also showing banners, so it seems like a device connection thing at the moment.

:)

Lord Method Man, Aug 9, 2015
  2. KCJackson Win User

No notification banners for removable drives since November update. Windows 10

If you have checked the AutoPlay settings and you still have certain units that won't show the banners, it may be a driver issue. The v1511 update likely updated some internal drivers in the basic Windows library... try rolling the drivers for those units
    back and see if you get banners again. I had to do that with the portable wireless antenna when I went from my Win8 unit to my new Win10 tower... the updated Win8/8.1 driver worked fine on Win8, but not on Win10, but going back to the older Win8 driver worked
    perfectly in Win10.

KCJackson, Aug 9, 2015
  3. KCC4 Win User
    No notification banners for removable drives since November update. Windows 10

Since November update there are no notification banners for usb flash drives the audio notification works ok but no banners. All the other notifications are ok, for external hard drives,emails it is just removable flash drives. If i have an external hard
    drive running then the notifications banner will show for the usb flash drive,but not when it is connected on its own. This has only happened since the November update.

KCC4, Aug 9, 2015
  4. sota24 Win User

No notification banners for removable drives.

I'm having the same problem, which I described at Windows 8.1/10 Bitlocker Toast Notification. It affects bitlocker and autoplay notifications. Notifications such as the alarm, 'safely remove' etc show properly so it does not seem to be a broader notification bug.

My system is an in place upgrade of Win 10 Pro x64 from Win 8.1 Pro x64.

sota24, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

No notification banners for removable drives.

1. No notification banners for removable drives. - Similar Threads - notification banners removable

2. Banner notifications not working on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Banner notifications not working on PC: Hi,I noticed that my banner notifications aren't working on Windows 10. Before and after I update, it's the same issue.I tried the CMD process, powershell process and disabling and enabling microsoft store, focus assist off and turning all the notifications here. Still, I...
  3. Banner notifications not working on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Banner notifications not working on PC: Hi,I noticed that my banner notifications aren't working on Windows 10. Before and after I update, it's the same issue.I tried the CMD process, powershell process and disabling and enabling microsoft store, focus assist off and turning all the notifications here. Still, I...
  4. Banner notifications not working on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unwanted banner notification

unwanted banner notification: MS sends me a notification stating an issue with password change. I have repeated a reply several times but keep getting same notification. The password change was over a year ago. What can I do?...
  6. Notifications banners

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications banners: Two days ago I ran an upgrade and update from my Dell laptop and lost a couple of files which have since returned to normal, but I seem to have lost the notifications banners in Action Centre. I'm running windows 10 and google chrome is my browser. I'm not at all technically...
  7. Banner notification not working

Banner notification not working: My banner notification is not working although banner notification is already on. I already tried the sfc scan solution I read but it did not work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/banner-notification-not-working/cc48011e-6f6b-4bb4-b8a5-5bb531eb49cd
  8. Moving the notification banner

Moving the notification banner: Hi, Is it possible to move the location of the notification banner? It popping up in the bottom right very often covers the command line that I am using when I am using split screen terminal, which is frustrating. A few people have asked about this, and the answer seems to...
  9. Notification banners not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification banners not working: I don't see any notification banners and its all turned on. How do i fix it? submitted by /u/anonymous12895190257 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gme9wy/notification_banners_not_working/
  10. Notification banner too small?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification banner too small?: Hello, I have been using Windows for forever, but this has never happened to me before. Simply put, instead of the normal size (taking up a significant amount of the bottom right corner), the notifications banners are really tiny and don't even touch the corner (but are in...