Windows 10: No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon.

Discus and support No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Previously, whenever I got a notification, a banner would show, a sound would play and a (1) would appear on the Action Centre icon. Then, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KDT_123, Sep 16, 2018.

1. KDT_123 Win User

No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon.

Hello,

Previously, whenever I got a notification, a banner would show, a sound would play and a (1) would appear on the Action Centre icon.

Then, I accidentally right-clicked the Action Centre icon and clicked on "Don't show number of new notifications". After clicking this, I no longer get notification banners, sounds or numbers.

To fix this, I have tried the following:

1) Right clicking the Action Centre icon and clicking "Show number of new notifications" -- did nothing.

2) Using a bat file to fix the problem -- did nothing.

3) Restarting the computer -- did nothing.

I cannot use a restore point to go back to a point before the problem because I don't have any.

One solution that I know will work is migrating to a brand new user profile. However, due to how tedious that is, I want to avoid that if possible.

Any other solutions would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

KDT_123, Sep 16, 2018

2. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

Where do these settings come from? I don't have the same. 2 possible locations. Within "system", then "notifications and actions". But the options there are:

--------------------------------------------------------------

"get notifications from apps and other senders"

"show notifications on the lock screen"

"show reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen"

"hide notifications when I'm duplicating my screen"

"show me the windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested"

Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use windows"

Then below that there is:

Autoplay

Banners, sounds

Cortana

Banners, sounds

Mail

Banners, sounds

Security and maintenance

Banners, sounds

Settings

Banners, sounds

xbox

off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Mail notification settings there is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Apply to all accounts checkbox (it's checked).

Below that there is:

Show notifications in the action centre.

Then

Show a notification banner

Play a sound

Show notifications for folders pinned to start.

---------------------------------------------------------

So it seems to me that what I want is for the "show a notification banner" to be *unchecked*, and "play a sound" to be *checked*.

However, if the "show a notification banner" is unchecked, then "play a sound" is greyed out. In other words it doesn't appear to be the case that I can have an email sound alert without getting popups/banners obscuring my screen.

IanWardell, Sep 16, 2018
  3. IanW Win User
    Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

I never saw your first response. That's the problem. I need to have sound alerts. But getting banners covering the lower right is no good since it covers up my bet button in betfair and I might lose hundreds. Very unlikely, but that part of the screen needs to be clear. it's simply non-negotiable.

Anyway, your instructions make no sense. If this "Show notifications in Action centre" is the one in the mail settings, that simply switches off both banners and sounds when email arrives.

4. No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon.

Banner notifications and sounds not playing, but notifications show up in action center

• Open the Mail app
    • If you haven't selected an account, select the one you want notification banners and sounds for.
    • Once you're in the mail view, click the gear icon in the bottom left to open the
      Settings menu.
    • Under settings, select Options.
    • Under these options, you should see a subsection named Notifications which allows you to check the
      "Show a notification banner" and "Play a sound" options.

Chris Mayfield, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon.

1. No notification banners, sounds or numbers shown on Action Centre icon. - Similar Threads - notification banners sounds

2. Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner: Hello, everyone. I just want to ask about my Microsoft Edge icon in notification centre and banner. Whenever there are notifications came in, the Microsoft Edge icon will come together in the notification centre and banner. However, the icon has the background of blue colour,...
  3. Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner: Hello, everyone. I just want to ask about my Microsoft Edge icon in notification centre and banner. Whenever there are notifications came in, the Microsoft Edge icon will come together in the notification centre and banner. However, the icon has the background of blue colour,...
  4. Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Action centre and new notifications

Action centre and new notifications: The icon on the task bar wont open. have tried these options:- On the right end of thetaskbar, select the Action Center icon. Press the Windows logo key + A. On a touchscreen device, swipe in from the right edge of the screen the icon shows I have 3 notifications but nothing...
  6. Notifications and action centre not opening

Notifications and action centre not opening: Hi, I need help. I have Windows 10 and my notifications and action centre is not opening, no matter what I do. I have a video in this post showing what I mean. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU43kvNMjvk I did all of these things:...
  7. Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre

Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre: Hello, I have an icon at the right of my taskbar, in the form of a document with a circled number (in this case 2). This used to indicate that, for instance, I needed to check the results of my Backup, when I click on it. Now when I click on it, it tells me I have no new...
  8. Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Centre doesn't show notification toasts or sounds.: Hi, Since upgrading to Win10 I've noticed as in the title, my action centre won't play any sounds or toast banner notify me at all. When I get an email in gmail, I'll see the icon in the taskbar go white, but absolutely no sounds or anything. I've checked the settings...
  9. Action Centre strange notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Centre strange notification: I get a notification that keeps popping up in the action centre and does nothing when I click on it, it just fades away only to re-appear short time later. It's not causing me any issues, but I'd love to know what it means... Google doesn't come up with anything. All it says...
  10. no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center

in Windows 10 Support
    no banner or sound notifications, but they appear in action center: So My computer is basically behaving as if quiet hours mode is activated, but quiet hours are NOT activated. For example, if I get an email or plug in a new device, the only thing that happens is the icon for action center goes from clear to white. This is only happening...