Windows 10: no nvidia control panel after clean install?

Discus and support no nvidia control panel after clean install? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have geforce experience installed, drivers are up to date, but there is no sign on nvidia control panel to enable sli. Usually theres an icon on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oseph, Jul 28, 2015.

1. oseph Win User

no nvidia control panel after clean install?

I have geforce experience installed, drivers are up to date, but there is no sign on nvidia control panel to enable sli. Usually theres an icon on the taskbar, or when I right click on the desktop.

:)

oseph, Jul 28, 2015

2. Every Time I Clean Boot my Nvidia Control Panel Stops Working

I tried to download Aerize Optimizer from Microsoft Store and it failed with error code 0x80240024. I did a suggested clean boot and my Nvidia Control Panel won't open. Sometimes it gives the message "Nvidia Control Panel Application 8.0.1.something
    has stopped working..." Sometimes it just won't open. In any event, I've never been able to download Aerize Optimizer or use my Nvidia Control Panel after a clean boot.

StephenPlunkett, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Removing NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS card & Uninstalling NVIDIA driver and software

Hi!

Sys Temp file where disk cleaned. But they had 0 KB, cleaned anyway.

Still in file system

• C:\Program Files
    • C:\ProgramData
    • NVIDIA Control Panel entry in control panel
    I would hate to install the software & drivers again just to see if a clean uninstall would happen. Guess I could go through deleting one by one.

Edited:

Downloaded NVidia drivers form NVidia. Had to reinsert the GeForce 8400GS card to install the software. After install shutdown and removed card and started PC.

Had to use the settings manager > system > Apps & features, to remove all NVidia software. Control panel entry for NVidia control panel was removed. Deleted all NVidia folders from C:\Program Files and C:\ProgramData. C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\ still
    has NVidia entries.

Windows does not completely remove software & drivers. But clean enough.

Teddy2016, Jul 28, 2015
  4. venla Win User

venla, Jul 28, 2015
  5. oseph Win User
    I already have the latest driver as I mentioned, since microsoft now forces driver updates upon us (thumbs down!)

Uninstalled, rebooted and it's still installed. This auto driver update is turning out to be problematic

oseph, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Nemix Win User
    The NVIDIA Control Panel is included in NVIDIA OEM driver packages, I'm not so sure the drivers provided by Windows Update includes the files needed to install NVIDIA's Control Panel.

Download the OEM NVIDIA driver then uninstall the Windows Update NVIDIA driver, reboot and install the OEM NVIDIA driver, reboot again and should have the NVIDIA Control Panel enabled.

Then check with Windows Update and re-download the latest NVDIA driver from Windows Update install (over the OEM NVIDIA driver) and reboot, this should give you the latest Windows Update NVDIA driver while still retaining the NVIDIA Control Panel installed by the OEM NVIDIA driver.

Nemix, Jul 28, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    Typically the NVidia software provided in Windows Update doesn't include the control panel, so I would download the latest windows 10 beta drivers from their website.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. no nvidia control panel after clean install? - Similar Threads - nvidia control panel

2. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  3. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  4. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  5. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  6. nvidia Control Panel - "Application is not compatable with installed NVIDIA Driver"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia Control Panel - "Application is not compatable with installed NVIDIA Driver": ...So what version IS compatible?Device Manager lists the nvidia 680M with driver 302.92 and no errors.same hardware, same win10 OS, same nvidia card ALL working many years without issue.uninstalled the current nvidia drivers but the PC is using the builtin intel HD Graphics...
  7. Nvidia Control Panel won't install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia Control Panel won't install: So the other day I was having a few issues with Nvidia's latest drivers. I decided that I would roll back, and used Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode to uninstall my drivers. I installed my older, previously working driver version using Nsudo, and NvSlimmer. I performed...
  8. No nVidia Control panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No nVidia Control panel: Just bought a 1650 Super. Tried to install drivers. Complains not compatible with my version of Windows (1809, 17763.1), Only the DCH drive will install (after booting to safe mode and using DDU to first uninstall the driver that wouldn't install anyway). Problem with DCH is...
  9. NVIDIA Control Panel

NVIDIA Control Panel: Hi, I can't access to NVIDA Control Panel in my laptop. When I double click to NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Control Home Panel. I get this message ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDA GPU ) Please advice how to activate. Thanks....
  10. NVIDIA Control Panel Missing (Clean Install Aftermath)

NVIDIA Control Panel Missing (Clean Install Aftermath): I Can't seem to find the NVIDIA Control Panel Application ANYWHERE On my PC after I clean installed it. I checked every method I could but there's no trace of it. Can anyone help me, or provide a link to download it? PC SPECS: OS: Windows 10 Home (x64) SYSTEM MODEL: Dell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no nvidia control panel after clean install

2. clean install of nvidia driver no nvidia control panel

3. nvidia control panel not installed

4. fresh driver install no nvidia control panel