Windows 10: No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

Discus and support No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a lenovo ideapad 2 in 1 14, up until the most recent update my on screen keyboard was working just fine and my pen was working also. Now when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrandiKelly, Jan 13, 2019.

1. No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

I have a lenovo ideapad 2 in 1 14, up until the most recent update my on screen keyboard was working just fine and my pen was working also. Now when I switch to tablet mode the button on the tool bar is there but when i touch it nothing happens. I need to be able to use my pen so this is every big problem. I am thinking about resetting my pc but I don't want to loose all my settings and downloads. Can I roll back to before the update?

:)

BrandiKelly, Jan 13, 2019

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 13, 2019
  3. How to get the on-screen keyboard to pop up in tablet mode

In tablet mode the on-screen keyboard rarely pops up when touching a text input field, and there is no task bar and no touch keyboard icon. What is the point of tablet mode if I can't use it as a tablet? Touch functionality took 3 steps back in Win10.
    compared to 8.1.

Mark McQuaide, Jan 13, 2019
  4. No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

This does NOT work as there is no option to disable the virtual keyboard in Ease of Access

Windows 10 Pro

Build no: 10586.1007

Ver: 1511

This **** VIRTUAL KEYBOARD is a major pain in the ass!

Is there a registry edit that can kill it, PERMANENTLY

Thank You (I hope)

DavidSheedy, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

1. No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update - Similar Threads - Screen Keyboard Tablet

2. can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard: it does work when i set my keyboard layout from "eng - intl" to "eng - de", but that is obviously not a proper solution. i like having multiple keyboard layouts and my onscreen keyboard should just follow them.the non tablet mode onscreen keyboard does just that....
  3. can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard: it does work when i set my keyboard layout from "eng - intl" to "eng - de", but that is obviously not a proper solution. i like having multiple keyboard layouts and my onscreen keyboard should just follow them.the non tablet mode onscreen keyboard does just that....
  4. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  5. On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode: I have an Hp Pavillion x360 convertible 1.1Ghz. My problems start whenever I switch to tablet mode.The touchscreen keyboard used to appear automatically whenever I pressed on a box to write, but for some reason it does not. Along with that I cannot touch any items on the...
  6. Jan 2019 update black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jan 2019 update black screen: Aftrt the update installed my lap top is useless. Ive s blavk screen and no curser. How can i fix it when i cant get to or type in any commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jan-2019-update-black-screen/4b891eb3-2a1f-4b58-9371-9730ef0a513a
  7. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  8. Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates: Hi All, After Jan 2019 Patch installation on my windows 10 machines, looks like network drivers lost both wired and wireless. Strange is I didn't had local account created in that machine we were using azure Directory account, and all local accounts are disable, please any...
  9. USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update

USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update: I was trying to transfer photos from my LG TracFone to the HP Pavilion laptop and switching between 2 USB ports does not get the device recognized. It has worked previously. Apparently it is calling the phone a USB Charge Only Interface, but that doesn't register on the...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp spectre simplepass not working

2. no on screen keyboard in tablet mode