Windows 10: No "Open file location" menu option

Discus and support No "Open file location" menu option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed an app from the Microsoft App Store. I have no clue where Microsoft installed this app. All I have is a shortcut. If I right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mburwen, May 6, 2019.

1. mburwen Win User

No "Open file location" menu option

I downloaded and installed an app from the Microsoft App Store. I have no clue where Microsoft installed this app. All I have is a shortcut. If I right click on the shortcut, the "open file location" menu item is missing. I don't like not knowing where my files are located. How can I find out where Microsoft installed the app?

:)

mburwen, May 6, 2019

2. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, May 6, 2019
  3. NUS
    Nus Win User
    'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

4. mystvearn Win User

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. No "Open file location" menu option - Similar Threads - Open file location

2. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  3. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  4. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  5. Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's this option- 'Open File Location'?: I used to be able to locate a file's location after searching for it in File Explorer with the Search option and right-clicking on the file, but it seems like that option is not available any more. Can anyone please help? This is slowing down a lot of things for me....
  6. "Open file location" not an option for some applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Open file location" not an option for some applications?: Why can I not open the file location of programs such as spotify or Itunes? submitted by /u/mememcmemeface [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhturn/open_file_location_not_an_option_for_some/
  7. Open File Location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open File Location?: I've had Win 10 for a few months now and one thing I'd like to change is, when I do a Start button Search, and R click a result, I don't see the option to Open File Location. can I enable this somehow??...
  8. Open File Location for Start Menu icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File Location for Start Menu icons: On Windows 10 rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" doesn't open the files' "actual location" but just a folder in which the shortcut is. You then have to rightclick on that shortcut and click on "open file path" or whatever it is in english to...
  9. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  10. Open file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file location: When I select "Open file location" it opens the program folder. EDIT: The issue may be that I used "ProgramLocation\ProgramName" "FileLocation\FileName" to open the file because it is Excel and this prevents it opening in the same instance. EDIT 2: That is the problem,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no open file location option start menu programs