Windows 10: No 'Open With' or Print Preferences Options after Wiping PC and Rebuild.

Discus and support No 'Open With' or Print Preferences Options after Wiping PC and Rebuild. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do hope someone can help. I'll even send them cake if they can. My Desktop PC died suddenly a week ago. After extracting the data I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rachael_Fenton, Sep 5, 2019.

1. No 'Open With' or Print Preferences Options after Wiping PC and Rebuild.

I do hope someone can help. I'll even send them cake if they can.

My Desktop PC died suddenly a week ago. After extracting the data I had to completely wipe it and start again as fresh.

Being a family computer, photo printing/storage is pretty often used. Pre-crash, I would be able to open two or more separate images and print them onto 1 page of photo paper, in varying different sizes.

Post crash, I cannot do that at all. There is no 'OPEN WITH' option to do that.

Also, all my print set up/preferences are missing. So I can't specify which paper drawer/paper type/multiple copies/colour, it's all gone.

Would be so grateful for any help.

:)

Rachael_Fenton, Sep 5, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done No 'Open With' or Print Preferences Options after Wiping PC and Rebuild. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Unable to find print option.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 and check if it helps:

Step 1:

1. Open Photo gallery and click on the photo that you want to print.

2. Click on the file tab from the top left side of the page.

3. Next select print and again print.

you will be able to print.

If however you are unable to find the print option then follow step 2.

Step 2:

• Once the document/picture is open in, press
      Ctrl+P.
    • Click Print as PDF button.
    • Check if the document prints as expected.
    Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 5, 2019
  4. No 'Open With' or Print Preferences Options after Wiping PC and Rebuild.

Change Preferences in Print

How do I change Print Preferences? Sending a document to print, there is no option to choose
    color print. I need to be able to choose if I want just black or color.

The printer is not the problem because:

• The HP Printer will print color if I'm sending from a website or a screen shot.
    • When choosing to copy from the printer's screen, I can choose color.

MartyLisor, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

No 'Open With' or Print Preferences Options after Wiping PC and Rebuild.

1. No 'Open With' or Print Preferences Options after Wiping PC and Rebuild. - Similar Threads - 'Open With' Print

2. Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.: Greetings! Last week I started having BSOD issues on my PC, then started having crashes every time I opened a game.I recently upgraded my PC to a new motherboard, new chip, new ram, and new GPU. So, basically it's a new build with the exception being the PSU, hard drives, and...
  3. Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.: Greetings! Last week I started having BSOD issues on my PC, then started having crashes every time I opened a game.I recently upgraded my PC to a new motherboard, new chip, new ram, and new GPU. So, basically it's a new build with the exception being the PSU, hard drives, and...
  4. Printing Preferences in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Preferences in windows 11: After updating my computer to windows 11, l am unable to input account tracking details to enable me to print in my existing environment. The User Authentication/Account Tracking area is greyed out.Printing Preferences-->Basic-->Authentication/Account Tracking...
  5. Printing Preferences in windows 11

Printing Preferences in windows 11: After updating my computer to windows 11, l am unable to input account tracking details to enable me to print in my existing environment. The User Authentication/Account Tracking area is greyed out.Printing Preferences-->Basic-->Authentication/Account Tracking...
  6. Print preferences shortcuts locked

Print preferences shortcuts locked: Wife and I got new computers recently both running Windows 10 Home. Now our printer will not let us print on both sides automatically as we've done in the recent past on same printer. All the printer choices are locked, and it says to do it manually to print on the other...
  7. Print preferences shortcuts locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print preferences shortcuts locked: Wife and I got new computers recently both running Windows 10 Home. Now our printer will not let us print on both sides automatically as we've done in the recent past on same printer. All the printer choices are locked, and it says to do it manually to print on the other...
  8. Printing Preferences from Control Panel will not open?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing Preferences from Control Panel will not open?: Hi, We have x2 Windows 10 Pro Dell PC's but just today both would no longer allow the user to select the printing preferences page. Both are set as the default printer. We added another make/model of printer but that displays the preferences OKI also installed all the latest...
  9. printing .pdf & printing preferences available - how do I add options?

printing .pdf & printing preferences available - how do I add options?: Hello: How do I add options to the printing preferences, which I am not currently seeing when printing a .pdf? ie: "staple", choose drawer, etc Or, how do I get to my regular "print" window when printing a .pdf, instead of getting the print window that I am getting?...
  10. Printing preferences zoomed in

Printing preferences zoomed in: Hello, can anyone tell me what can cause the printing preferences on this printer to be zoomed in? I have tried uninstalling driver, reinstalling, remove device and it keeps doing it. It's only for this printer. I'm on Windows 10. Thanks, Andy [ATTACH]...