Windows 10: No Operating System Found message on restart issue

Discus and support No Operating System Found message on restart issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I just did an upgrade from W7 HP to W10 Home and as I was doing some setting the new system up, I needed to do a restart. During the bootup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graywoulf, Mar 30, 2020.

1. graywoulf Win User

No Operating System Found message on restart issue

Greetings,

I just did an upgrade from W7 HP to W10 Home and as I was doing some setting the new system up, I needed to do a restart. During the bootup sequence, the process stopped and I get the message of "No operating system found" which surprised me somewhat as this was one of the long time problems that I was having with W7. I was hoping that it had been repaired during the upgrade but I guess not.

All I have to do when this occurs is to press the power button for two seconds and shut my laptop down then press the power button again and my laptop starts right up without the interruption. I have not made any changes to the bios settings so this is baffling to me. I hope that someone has a remedy. Thanks!

:)

graywoulf, Mar 30, 2020

2. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 30, 2020
  3. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 30, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. No Operating System Found message on restart issue - Similar Threads - Operating System Found

2. Operating System Not Found when Restarting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System Not Found when Restarting PC: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 and recently got a problem when restarting my PC that shows "Operating System Not Found".But there is no issue with shutting down the PC and turning it on by power buttonIs there any solution? Thanks...
  3. Operating System Not Found when Restarting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating System Not Found when Restarting PC: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 and recently got a problem when restarting my PC that shows "Operating System Not Found".But there is no issue with shutting down the PC and turning it on by power buttonIs there any solution? Thanks...
  4. Operating System Not Found when Restarting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. An operating system was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An operating system was not found: Hello Yesterday I turned on my computer , turned it off , tried to boot from an external hard drive with windows 7 installed I was gonna check if it works and turned out it was crashingI was gonna format it using diskpart ,when again turned on my computer with the external...
  6. Operating System Not Found Error Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating System Not Found Error Message: I cloned my drive and installed a new SSD as the old drive was full. All working really well except windows very slow to bootup >5 mins but working well once running. Thinking the cloning had not worked fully I ran the media creation tool via usb which on reflection was not a...
  7. Operating system not found - DVD Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Operating system not found - DVD Issue: Hi, I'm trying to use an older laptop, but I'm getting a "Operating system not found" error message when I try to use the DVD. In fact I can't even seem to read from it using an old Linux distro that was on it. I've tried replacing with other DVD drives that I know work, but...
  8. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found: I installed Ubuntu on a USB SSD some time ago, and then to make use of the SSD I later on formatted it, and put it directly in my system. At the time I didn't know that it wasn't the right way of doing it, and so my PC entered grub rescue mode every time the SSD was detected....
  9. Error message 1962, No operating system found.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message 1962, No operating system found.: I have a Lenovo Vantage with Windows 10 home edition. Two days ago it started to freeze up on me off and on and then it just went to a black screen with the error message 1962, No operating system found. I have turned it on and when the Lenovo logo appears I hit F12 and all...
  10. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: I have Sony Vaio I7, 8Gb memory. I do not have OS backup disk. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 and then to 10. It has been running great. No problems. Use Kaspersky Internet Security. I shut down computer normally this morning. I powered back on this evening and there was a frown...