Windows 10: No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.

Discus and support No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know much about computers, but I know that my computer does not connect to online servers in some games, and I think it has something to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kyrpäjyrä, May 8, 2021.

1. No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.

I don't know much about computers, but I know that my computer does not connect to online servers in some games, and I think it has something to do with this. I have been watching fixes to get the connection working and I have tried everything in those lists and it is still not working. One day I stumbled on a fix that involved cmd and entering:Ipconfig /release And 2 other commands after that. I saw that my cmd acted different giving me an unusual comment unlike it did with the person doing the fix video. The command said: No operation can be performed on ethernet while it has its m

:)

Kyrpäjyrä, May 8, 2021
  2. PlayerES Win User

No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Hello I have problem with my ip configuration when I try do ipcofing /renew is shows me No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media disconnected. This error can u help me?

PlayerES, May 8, 2021
  3. Restarted modem, now get "No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected."

I have an AT&T gateway. Connected to a Windows 10 computer that is 1 month old. Unplugged the gateway for 20 seconds and plugged back in, per the FBI notice. Computer AT&T ethernet connection now shows "unidentified network, no internet."

The WiFi from the gateway works just fine.

Tried ipconfig renew, and got the result "No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected."

After performing the steps shown below, the ethernet connection showed the AT&T connection by its correct name and showing no internet.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Steps tried:

no additional security software is running

rebooted gateway and computer

unplugged/replugged ethernet cable

netsh winsock reset

network troubleshooter

uninstalled network card

updated network card drivers

SKHarrisLA, May 8, 2021
  4. No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.

Media disconnected and cannot connect to anything

Hi,

I tried all the steps. When i was doing this

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    In the third step, ipconfig/ rease no operations can be performed as media is disconnected. This error comes for Bluetooth, wlan and wifi all.

I tried troubleshooting network adapter also but in vain.

Please let me know the next steps.

jigyasujuneja, May 8, 2021
Thema:

No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.

1. No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected. - Similar Threads - operation performed Ethernet

2. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters: My laptop says media disconnected. Is there any help for this? A new drive was put in and removed and this is what happened when I try to ipconfig to check the connection....
  3. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters: My laptop says media disconnected. Is there any help for this? A new drive was put in and removed and this is what happened when I try to ipconfig to check the connection....
  4. No action can be performed while *Device* has its media disconnected - help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No action can be performed while *Device* has its media disconnected - help: I've been trying to fix this problem when trying to release and renew my IP config for a while now, and I was wondering if there are any more solutions to try?Solutions I've tried:1. enabling network adapters2. Resetting WINSOCK and IP stack3. updating network drivers Using...
  5. No action can be performed while *Device* has its media disconnected - help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No action can be performed while *Device* has its media disconnected - help: I've been trying to fix this problem when trying to release and renew my IP config for a while now, and I was wondering if there are any more solutions to try?Solutions I've tried:1. enabling network adapters2. Resetting WINSOCK and IP stack3. updating network drivers Using...
  6. No action can be performed while *Device* has its media disconnected - help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming: Just built my first pc and I’m having an issue with my ethernet dropping out every 5-10m when i’m gaming. I’ve done some research and it seems like it has to do with the Windows 10 feature that disconnects your internet connection when using too much power. I’ve changed...
  8. No operation can be performed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No operation can be performed: Yesterday I tried setting up a static IP for my VPN but then my wifi connection wasn't working so I went back to "Obtain IP address automatically." My internet connection is working now but every time I connect my VPN, it goes from WiFi connection to LAN connection and I...
  9. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters: Hi I have followed the advice given here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-get-an-error-media-disconnected-when-i-try-to/c5244f34-f632-4ce4-94e6-14ee2179dfe9?page=1 and here:...
  10. No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media disconnected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media disconnected.: Hello I have problem with my ip configuration when I try do ipcofing /renew is shows me No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media disconnected. This error can u help me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no operation can be performed on local area connection

2. ipconfig release windows 11 no operation can be performed while media disconnected

3. no operation can be performed on ethernet