Windows 10: No operation can be performed

Discus and support No operation can be performed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I tried setting up a static IP for my VPN but then my wifi connection wasn't working so I went back to "Obtain IP address automatically." My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinDennison1, Jul 23, 2020.

1. No operation can be performed

Yesterday I tried setting up a static IP for my VPN but then my wifi connection wasn't working so I went back to "Obtain IP address automatically." My internet connection is working now but every time I connect my VPN, it goes from WiFi connection to LAN connection and I don't have my PC hardwired to my router, only wirelessly. I've tried the "Network reset", disabling and enabling the adapters.

I've also tried going into command prompt and trying to do the "ipconfig /release" but it won't let me, hence the subject of this post. I've also tried "netsh winsock reset" and rebooted but it still hasn't helped. I even reinstalled a clean copy of windows 10. Also, yes, I ran command prompt as admin. If anyone has a solution, that would be amazing. Thank you for your time.

No operation can be performed 87874e2f-a3de-4e45-bacd-866c2a5cbe60?upload=true.jpg No operation can be performed af46bf48-c7b1-45ce-919a-e047e7935e09?upload=true.jpg

:)

KevinDennison1, Jul 23, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 30, 2020
  4. No operation can be performed

Performance

Hi Ravivarma,

Since you are still experiencing the same issue even after performing a clean boot, you can check and follow the steps provided on this
    link. The tips on the link are listed in order, so we suggest that you start with the first one. If the issue
    persists, proceed to the next method.

Should you have further concerns, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

No operation can be performed

1. No operation can be performed - Similar Threads - operation performed

2. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  3. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  4. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray: Ms“-“The comparison operation has been carried out according to Ms's official "Disk Management-Expand Basic Volume" entry, but it is invalid.......But I can't upload pictures as explanations. This may be due to many reasons... I can only describe them in words.CDNTFS20GBMy C...
  6. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray: Ms“-“The comparison operation has been carried out according to Ms's official "Disk Management-Expand Basic Volume" entry, but it is invalid.......But I can't upload pictures as explanations. This may be due to many reasons... I can only describe them in words.CDNTFS20GBMy C...
  7. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" in...: Keep getting explorer.exe error message "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" in windows 11. I only find fixes for windows 10 instead. Last time it popped up was when i opened Settings....
  9. "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" in...

"The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" in...: Keep getting explorer.exe error message "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" in windows 11. I only find fixes for windows 10 instead. Last time it popped up was when i opened Settings....
  10. sfc showing Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc showing Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: image NOTE dsim shows the wof driver encountered an corruption https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-showing-windows-resource-protection-could-not/8b7732bf-5448-4dd2-9a42-b389990840a5