Windows 10: No option available to shut down laptop

Discus and support No option available to shut down laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I recently got the battery of my laptop changed as the previous one was not working. And since then, my pc is not shutting down. Whenever I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AreebaArif, Jun 20, 2020.

1. No option available to shut down laptop

Hi. I recently got the battery of my laptop changed as the previous one was not working. And since then, my pc is not shutting down. Whenever I click on the power button on the menu it says "no power options available" and if I click alt+for, I see a message on screen saying "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" my pc is del inspiron 15.

:)

AreebaArif, Jun 20, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    1709 Creators update - shutdown options missing - "there are currently no power options available"

Hi Jacob,

The error there are currently no power options available happens if the
    Shut down the system Policy isn't configured correctly. We suggest following these steps to fix it:

• Press the Windows key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type secpol.msc and click OK to open the
      Local Security Policy
      window.
    • Expand Security Settings.
    • Expand Local Policies.
    • Click User Rights Assignment.
    • Double-click Shut down the system from the right pane to open it's properties.
    • In the pop-up window, click Add User or Group, type the full user name or group name for the affected users, then click
      Add.
    • Click OK to close the window.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if the power options in the Start menu are restored after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 20, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

No option available to shut down laptop

n-ster, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

No option available to shut down laptop

1. No option available to shut down laptop - Similar Threads - option available shut

2. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  3. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  4. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  5. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  6. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Shutting down the laptop

Shutting down the laptop: My windows isn't showing shut down, sleep, etc. option under power button. How do I shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-the-laptop/3cc62cb4-7144-4681-8cdb-74ed824be1bf
  8. laptop shutting down

laptop shutting down: hello my laptop would switch off for a week and it would switch on for another week... then switches off... am using asus trasformar T300 what could be the reason for that ?...
  9. shut down option

shut down option: In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-option/d834faea-1d65-494f-b981-cc7faa1c60e4
  10. Laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...