Windows 10: No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

Discus and support No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Recently I attempted to turn off adaptive Brightness as It's a pain. My system Is fully up to date, and when I went to check not only is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Timely_Dragon, Nov 30, 2020.

1. No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan zU5tQRgEUpE2iOAvVZiNy4bJw3xswjGW5E-rY9SvBvY.jpg

Recently I attempted to turn off adaptive Brightness as It's a pain.

My system Is fully up to date, and when I went to check not only is there no option to change to the power plan as seen below. There is no option to de-activate Adaptive brightness. I attempted to change the power plan using the Intel graphics settings control panel however it changes itself back after I apply it. Does anyone know the reasoning and/or a Solution?

https://preview.redd.it/b8rrq0n03h2...bp&s=5c6d11af53f949c176416edb8f266cd1136abd60

https://preview.redd.it/52c4i50y2h2...bp&s=84bd33b6828be4ce5607ec9dc84834cb778b555d

submitted by /u/Timely_Dragon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Timely_Dragon, Nov 30, 2020

2. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the display options

My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time.

I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10.

I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it.

I followed the steps that said the following:

*As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows)

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off*

But the problem i the option "Enable adaptive brightness" is not even there.

No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan 6d764773-8fc4-43e7-b5cc-304b674e78f1?upload=true.jpg

So What do i do now?

Kaushik307, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Adaptive Brightness

Hi, I'm Carlos Eduardo and I'm an independent Microsoft expert and I'm here to help you in the best possible way. Windows has an adaptable brightness, but it is necessary to activate it. Perform the following steps.

Step 1. Access the Windows power settings. To do this, simultaneously press the '' Windows + R '' keys. In the window that will appear, type “powercfg.cpl” (without the quotes) and press '' Enter '';

Step 2. In “Power Options”, tap on the item “Change plan settings” that is next to the plan currently in use;

Step 3. In “Edit Plan Settings”, click on “Change advanced power settings”;

Step 4. In the window that will be displayed, locate the item “Video” and click on the plus sign next to it. Below, do the same with the item “Enable adaptive brightness”;

Step 5. To activate the adaptive brightness, just click on the arrow next to the items “On battery:” and “On socket:”, and change the option “Off” to “On”.

Ready! Now, let Windows take care of the screen brightness for you.

Carlos Eduardo Spak Juncher, Nov 30, 2020
  4. daniel1 Win User

No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

daniel1, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

1. No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan - Similar Threads - option adaptive Brightness

2. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adaptive brightness option is missing.: Hi. I have an issue with my laptop's adaptive brightness feature. When I use my laptop and open a notepad in light mode, the brightness becomes too high. However, when I open a software with dark mode, the brightness turns too dark as well. I've seen the same question, but I...
  3. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adaptive brightness option is missing.: Hi. I have an issue with my laptop's adaptive brightness feature. When I use my laptop and open a notepad in light mode, the brightness becomes too high. However, when I open a software with dark mode, the brightness turns too dark as well. I've seen the same question, but I...
  4. Driver booster power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver booster power plan in power options: I was checking the power options and saw something not expected. [ATTACH] Please tell if anyone knows about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-booster-power-plan-in-power-options/24dffe7f-4034-4d78-a150-c5720a811a34
  5. No adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No adaptive brightness option: Hello, I am not sure if I am asking in the correct section but long story short, I have a gaming laptop that gets too dark. In my past computers, All I would do is disable the adaptive display but I cant find it anywhere in this laptop. I have tried checking in the power...
  6. Adaptive brightness disable in power options

Adaptive brightness disable in power options: My 9th gen i7 laptop screen goes half to sleep in less than a minute if I'm not sitting right in front of it even when there is screen activity and sound. I don't want this because I need to see the screen even from feet away, it's scrolling music and lyrics. The setting for...
  7. No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider: Hello everyone! I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this: My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive...
  8. Missing power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plan in power options: I always choosing only power saver power plan to prevent cpu usage high and overheating. But starting may the power plan settings is missing only 'Balanced(Recommended)" is the remain choice. I think caused by windows update. Anybody microsoft personnel who read this pls...
  9. Power Options Plan

Power Options Plan: Hi Guys, usually we all have balanced power plan. But what if I choose high Performance and than go in advance setting then I set all values as balanced. What will happen and how will that power plan will effect? I am asking in balanced I feel my pc sluggish. but in high...
  10. Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows: How to: Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows Add or Remove 'Enable adaptive brightness' from Power Options in Windows Displays (especially on laptops and tablets) may utilize ambient light sensors to detect surrounding levels of light....