Windows 10: No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10

Discus and support No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Settings > Update and Security > Backup.I no longer have an option for cloud-based backups and can only setup backups using a local drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rventers, Jul 8, 2021.

1. rventers Win User

No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10

Settings > Update and Security > Backup.I no longer have an option for cloud-based backups and can only setup backups using a local drive. Additionally, OneDrive no longer has the option to backup "Important PC Folders".This is an issue on my desktop machine that was recently re-imaged. I also use a laptop that has not been recently re-imaged where the cloud-based backup option is still present and enabled. I'm unable to enable this feature on my desktop as it is missing after the re-image.Both machines are up to date on Windows 10 21H1.

:)

rventers, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Meghana C Win User

issue with backup options Windows 10

Hi David,

I will certainly help with the issue you are facing with backup option.

To assist you better, kindly provide the information:

• How exactly are you trying to perform back up? Is it from the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) or File History?

• Which drive have you selected to back up? Is it an external drive or a network drive or a local drive of the system?

• When you say 'only allows me to do another backup with the same options', which options are you referring to?

• Are you unable to select a different drive for a backup from the backup destination list?
    If you are using a Backup and Restore (Windows 7) option then, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Type backup and restore in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on setup backup option.

• Click on refresh button to check if the drives are visible in the
      backup destination list.

• Choose the drive which you want to back up and click on
      next.
    If you are trying to use file history I suggest you to un-plug it and restart your computer. Re-plug the external drive and check if the file history options are available.

Please get back to us with the information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. No option for cloud-based backups in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - option cloud based

2. Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?: I'm very interested in learning how Windows Mail the free application we get with Windows by default works especially when a gmail account is logged in. Can we call it a cloud-based application?...
  3. Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?: I'm very interested in learning how Windows Mail the free application we get with Windows by default works especially when a gmail account is logged in. Can we call it a cloud-based application?...
  4. Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cloud based face categorizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud based face categorizing: Hi, I'm trying to activate the categorization for faces in windows photo app.Sadly it always just finds a few images ~200 out of around 5000 and a lot of faces are not rekognized.Is this because the photos have to be stored in OneDrive for the app to scan them correctly?If...
  6. Cloud based face categorizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud based face categorizing: Hi, I'm trying to activate the categorization for faces in windows photo app.Sadly it always just finds a few images ~200 out of around 5000 and a lot of faces are not rekognized.Is this because the photos have to be stored in OneDrive for the app to scan them correctly?If...
  7. cloud-based windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cloud-based windows 10: Is there a cloud-based virtual Windows 10 machine that will run an app I usually run on my pc? Can I upload the app to that machine? Several people need to be able to run the app. It is a single-user app on a stand alone pc....
  8. creating a backup option either to cloud (is there a cost) &/or on dvd's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating a backup option either to cloud (is there a cost) &/or on dvd's: Am new to web although have been involved with computers since 1965. Just got a newer desktop with windows 10 which has a preinstalled windows 10 - but I have no boot disk in case of a crash. 2nd Q. Cannot find Defrag anywhere. 3rd Q. At start button no option to connect...
  9. Windows 10 Backup Options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Backup Options: My question is about backups. I'm on windows 10 and need to set up a backup solution for my important files. Documents, pics, videos, music, etc. Plus some additional folders like projects, game saves, and stuff. As best I can tell, there's two backup solutions built into...
  10. CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software

in Windows 10 News
    CloudBerry Backup Review: A secure, fast and cloud-based backup software: Regardless of the version of Windows and computer you’re using at the moment, there’s always a chance that your hard drive could fail anytime or a software bug could delete your important files. There are many reasons why you may need a backup software: The files can be...