Windows 10: No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device

Discus and support No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I can't find any information about this, but did MS, for whatever reason, remove the toggle option on the WiFi settings to turn off WiFi during modern... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gorgor, Jul 30, 2018.

1. gorgor Win User

No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device

I can't find any information about this, but did MS, for whatever reason, remove the toggle option on the WiFi settings to turn off WiFi during modern standby? The option isn't available anymore for my laptop. I am speaking about this option:

https://i.imgur.com/jD6odQx.png

You could actually, sometime before 1803, chose, if you want Wifi to stay disconnected during modern standby, but the option is just gone now.

:)

gorgor, Jul 30, 2018

2. Network Disconnects in standby

Something along those lines because on the other pc when you hit standby it goes down but the network doesn't disconnect but is silent =\ need to do it on this pc to ><

Adeel_ssj4, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Which Laptops support Modern Standby ?

I called the Microsoft Store, Dell Support and Lenovo sales support.

I asked which systems they had that supported Modern Standby (Consumer or Business Systems).

No one had heard of Modern Standby. The Microsoft Store person didn't even recommend the Surface Pro, which I found out through a PCmag Review, has Modern Standby but Microsoft Sales support did not confirm.

Thanks,

Steve

Paul.Review.2020, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Saltgrass Win User

Which Laptops support Modern Standby ?

Neither Dell or Microsoft make known which systems are Modern Standby capable. The chances of a 2-in-1 system being modern standby is very high.

For Dell, many of the 13 inch models do standby. I do not yet know if the XPS 9575 does because nothing in the specifications will show that capability.

Just so you know, many folks freak out when they see the battery drain when they think the system is sleeping.

Saltgrass, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device - Similar Threads - option disconnected standby

2. Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC problem: Hello all,I have an issue with Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC-enabled devices. My Intel NUC 11 PC supports sending HDMI-CEC commands to power on/off devices connected to the PC I have an AV receiver and OLED TV when it goes to sleep or wakes up. This is configurable in BIOS....
  3. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby: i bought the X1 Carbon Gen9. when i download something via firefox and it takes e.g. 5 hours slow download server, due to modern standby or normal standby, the download some when stops. i read this page: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standbyhowever, i...
  4. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby: i bought the X1 Carbon Gen9. when i download something via firefox and it takes e.g. 5 hours slow download server, due to modern standby or normal standby, the download some when stops. i read this page: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standbyhowever, i...
  5. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

6. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  7. windows 11 modern standby

windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  8. Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report: Hi,I've disabled on one of the laptops all possible sleep settings that it can be. Laptop still goes into sleep at a random times when lid is closed.Sleep report shows ENTER REASON0x101 Transition To SleepWhat is that code or how to find out reason why laptop enters sleep.If...
  9. modern standby problems entering to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    modern standby problems entering to sleep: Laptop Dell XPS 7590 Windows 10 2004build. I press the power button, laptop starts going to sleep, then if i was lucky enough when i close the lid after some time laptop stops responding to ping. But in most cases laptop just not going to sleep at all. Then if i look to...
  10. Windows 10 Crashing in Modern Standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashing in Modern Standby: As the title says, I've found from a SleepStudy report produced using Windows Powercfg that my computer is often crashing when it goes into Modern Standby -- generally for periods of longer than an hour. This has happened 3 times in the past 4 days. I think it has something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tablet Disconnected Standby registry