Windows 10: No option for FORMAT and many problems formatting and installing win10 in my SONY VAIO vpcz1

Discus and support No option for FORMAT and many problems formatting and installing win10 in my SONY VAIO vpcz1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm trying for days to clean format my notebook SONY VAIO VPCZ1 4gb ram, 256gb ssd, but I'm having too many problems. The first problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XhoniKociraj, May 20, 2020.

1. No option for FORMAT and many problems formatting and installing win10 in my SONY VAIO vpcz1

Hello there,

I'm trying for days to clean format my notebook SONY VAIO VPCZ1 4gb ram, 256gb ssd, but I'm having too many problems. The first problem is that this Sony had two windows installed when I bought it from someone. A new brand installed Windows10 in one volume and another Windows in another volume never been curious to open it, just went with it.

The other windows was not a problem for me these years, but these days tried to format the notebook and I wanted a very clean format. I transfered the important files in my other laptop and created a bootable usb. First I had problems with opening the boot menu and finally I put the external drive usb first to be booted, restarted PC and waited like 1 hour but nothing comes on, all black and some tiny colored stripes very little visible. I started again my windows 10, opened the iso of windows 10 installer -> sources -> setup. The installation menu opened, but when I arrived at the partitions menu when I can format the drives clean it shows no option of format in any drive. The other weird thing is that it shows me too many partitions, never seen 7 or 8 in any other laptop I formated and I got confused. So I can't format anything there. Here are my drives: https://imgur.com/a/DdFMgP7

So, finally, I need some help and tips on how I can make clean format if I can't boot usb or cd and I can't format any drive? I wanted to try deleting some partition, but I'm afraid I'll make an error and than I can't boot Windows too.

:)

XhoniKociraj, May 20, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

No format option for new Vista install?

After the disk is in and it does it's thing for a while, you will get a screen with your HDD's listed on it. Select the HDD that you want to install Vista on and format it. Then continue to install Vista on that HDD.

erocker, May 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Display Driver error SONY VAIO AMD 7500/7600M

I have a Sony VAIO SVE15136CN, with Windows 10(x64) installed. I recently formatted it. It worked fine for a few minutes, but crashed on restart. I checked my Hard Drive and recovery media, but they had no errors. I was unable to pin down the error. I formatted the laptop several times, but to no avail. Then I went step-by-step, installing the drivers manually as per the SONY website, not via Windows Update. That was when I figured out there was a problem with my Display driver (AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600M Series). Each time I installed it and restarted, my PC crashed. Even after I installed the drivers, some Windows updates were needed, so subsequently I let Windows Update run to install them. This installed the AMD Display driver also, and my PC crashed while finishing updates on restart.

So I used Windows Disk and Recovery Tools(DART), and via Disk Management, in the Drivers section, I disabled 'amdkmdap' and another similar driver which I can't recall. This has worked so far, but I get the error 'AMD drivers not installed' from AMD Install Manager on every startup. This allows me to use the PC, but unfortunately I cannot adjust brightness.

I used the 'automatically detect driver' and also manually selecting the driver and installing(amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit), but to no avail. This is the latest driver. Display driver still keeps crashing.

Can anyone suggest what I should do, so that I can get the 'adjust the brightness' setting back? Maybe a link from where I can download older official drivers of my AMD graphic card?

user635883, May 20, 2020
  4. No option for FORMAT and many problems formatting and installing win10 in my SONY VAIO vpcz1

Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

For my case (Sony VAIO Tap 11)... it is there in the list of models.

... but it turns out i don't need that upgrade 'driver' anyway. The special 'upgrade' mode did nothing to my machine prior to the actual upgrade, and after completing the upgrade it merely installed one single update (to Sony Control Center I believe) that can be downloaded anyway from Sony's website. Working like a charm now running on Win10 (except for a few Intel display driver problems which are not specific to VAIO the way I understand it)

seemebreakthis, May 20, 2020
Thema:

No option for FORMAT and many problems formatting and installing win10 in my SONY VAIO vpcz1

1. No option for FORMAT and many problems formatting and installing win10 in my SONY VAIO vpcz1 - Similar Threads - option FORMAT many

2. start window 10 on Vaio VPCZ1

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    start window 10 on Vaio VPCZ1: I own a Vaio notebook VPCZ1 model, which I haven't use for several month. When trying to turn on it doesn't open windows, although very briefly windows logo is displayed and then sleeps. I just have the power green light and can notice the fan running...
  3. start window 10 on Vaio VPCZ1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start window 10 on Vaio VPCZ1: I own a Vaio notebook VPCZ1 model, which I haven't use for several month. When trying to turn on it doesn't open windows, although very briefly windows logo is displayed and then sleeps. I just have the power green light and can notice the fan running...
  4. start window 10 on Vaio VPCZ1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sony Vaio control center not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio control center not installing: Why I am unable to install sony Vaio Control center on new window 10 installation on my sony vaio machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-control-center-not-installing/529bb8d1-4787-49ec-8039-833d0bbb1feb
  6. Sony Vaio control center not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony Vaio control center not installing: Why I am unable to install sony Vaio Control center on new window 10 installation on my sony vaio machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-control-center-not-installing/529bb8d1-4787-49ec-8039-833d0bbb1feb
  7. Sony Vaio control center not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. sony vaio care brightness problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio care brightness problem: I have a Sony S series - Vaio VPCSB25FG, after upgrading to windows 10 vaio care software is not working in spite of installing the software freshly, as a result brightness and other functions and controls are not working, any solution to this issue will greatly be...
  9. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  10. Sony vaio starting problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sony vaio starting problem: I have a prolem when starting my vaio sony, shows this screen only with no any solution, please help me[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-starting-problem/3096e97d-c9f4-49d6-9b61-6b20147c4935