Windows 10: No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11

Discus and support No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to get preview working in file explorer but the option to turn it on is not showing. The option "Show preview handlers in preview pane"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gs667, Jun 22, 2022.

1. gs667 Win User

No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11

Hi, I am trying to get preview working in file explorer but the option to turn it on is not showing. The option "Show preview handlers in preview pane" is ticked and I have run every PowerShell command that web searches suggest with no luck.Any ideas?thanksGarth

:)

gs667, Jun 22, 2022

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11 windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 22, 2022
  4. No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11

Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

I could use some help adding the description field for .jpg images to the details preview. I have followed your instructions step by step several times, but it doesn't work.
    Does it matter that whether the file extension is .jpg .JPG or .jpeg ?

Any help is appreciated!
    I'm trying to display and edit the IPTC and/or EXIF description data field of an image, in order to benefit from its SEO value online.
    Here is how it looks on my PC:

No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11 [​IMG]

HagenPflueger, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11

1. No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - option Preview Details

2. Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing: I don't have option to show Details and Preview Panes in Windows Explorer - View - Show menu. How can I fix that?Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2I've already tried:Options - Folder Options - Restore DefaultsAlt + PShow preview handlers in preview pane is checkedSFC...
  3. Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing: I don't have option to show Details and Preview Panes in Windows Explorer - View - Show menu. How can I fix that?Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2I've already tried:Options - Folder Options - Restore DefaultsAlt + PShow preview handlers in preview pane is checkedSFC...
  4. How to modify the default details options in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify the default details options in File Explorer?: Hi,I would like to know if it's possible to modify the default detail options e.g. size, type, date modified in files explorers in Windows 11 Home?...
  5. How to modify the default details options in File Explorer?

How to modify the default details options in File Explorer?: Hi,I would like to know if it's possible to modify the default detail options e.g. size, type, date modified in files explorers in Windows 11 Home?...
  6. No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option for Preview or Details in File Explorer in Windows 11: Hi, I am trying to get preview working in file explorer but the option to turn it on is not showing. The option "Show preview handlers in preview pane" is ticked and I have run every PowerShell command that web searches suggest with no luck.Any ideas?thanksGarth...
  7. Windows 11 preview build details

Windows 11 preview build details: how many gb is a windows 11 Insider Preview 22483.1000 rs_prereleaseupdate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-preview-build-details/7e0ab9d5-d561-4a7a-8e4d-eb5266edafc2
  8. OneDrive and Explorer's Preview/Details pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and Explorer's Preview/Details pane: Dear Microsoft and users, I noticed that, when you enable the Preview or Details pane while using OneDrive, Windows Explorer will "stop responding". There's probably a problem with fetching certain information form OneDrive files even when they are set to "always available...
  9. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane: Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help [img] 56199
  10. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...