Windows 10: No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro

Discus and support No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; PLEASE NO EXPERTS FROM DIRECTLY/ON DEMAND UNLESS YOU 100% KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE.Recently, the Weather app Widget disappeared from my Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shane DeMun, Jul 20, 2022.

1. No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro

PLEASE NO EXPERTS FROM DIRECTLY/ON DEMAND UNLESS YOU 100% KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE.Recently, the Weather app Widget disappeared from my Windows 11 Pro desktop. I have tried to get it back using the following stepsRight-click the taskbar, and click Taskbar settings. Toggle the button for Show Widgets button to turn it onHowever there is no Widgets Option in the Taskbar settingsHow do I get my Weather app Widget back on my Taskbar?Thanks

:)

Shane DeMun, Jul 20, 2022

2. Widgets in Windows 11

One of the new features in Windows 11 is Widgets, coined by Microsoft as a place for content and entertainment where you can see information at one go. Widgets feature is the next evolution of the News and Interests feature that was introduced with Windows 10, where you can quickly check News, Calendar, weather, etc, without interrupting your workflow.

No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro 25cbb97a-2015-4968-98e7-54eb0d2a767e?upload=true.png

How to use Widgets in Windows 11

To invoke the widgets screen, simply press Win+W keys on the keyboard. You can also press the
    No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro fc8256a9-9fec-4a91-b220-94002608f439?upload=true.png
    button on the Taskbar.

Available Widgets in Windows 11

There are multiple widgets in Windows 11 that are available, and the list would be updated over time. As of now, the following Widgets are available:

• Weather: As the name suggests, it allows you to see the weather in your area. Clicking at the three dots menu to customize and resize the widget. Unlike Windows 10, you cannot see Temperature on the taskbar though.
    • News: This widget shows News, which is powered by MSN, just like News and Interests in Windows 10.
    • Outlook: To see your upcoming events added to your Calender of Microsoft account.
    • Stock Watchlist/Movers: This widget is for stocks that you wish to watch. To add a stock to the watchlist, click the 3 dots menu and click customize.
    • Photos: Photos widget shows the recent photos from your Microsoft Account synced to Onedrive.
    • Windows 11 Tips: This widget gives tips regarding Windows 11.
    • To do: The to-do widget helps you in Tasks management, synced to your Microsoft Account.
    • Family Safety: This widget is helpful for those who have added a Child to their Family. It allows you to see recent activity from members of your Microsoft family group.
    • Traffic: To see Traffic in your area - Location access must be given.
    • Sports: The Sports widgets show live scores of the sports you are interested in.
    • Office 365 for Enterprise customers only: This widget brings relevant documents, news, and meeting recordings to enterprise users. This widget will only be available if you are signed in with your AAD account on your PC running Windows 11.
    • Entertainment: Only available in US, UK, CA, DE, FR, AU, JP.
    The top bar has a web search option as well, which allows you to quickly search if you want.

Customize Widgets

To customize the Widgets screen, click your profile picture at the top right to open Widget Settings.

No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro 44d7f722-cc9c-40eb-82f9-aa3bd772eb55?upload=true.png

If you want to customize the news, you need to open MSN settings, which are located on this page. MSN News is now referred to as Microsoft Start.

Microsoft Start (msn.com)

Common questions Regarding Widget Board:

1. Widget opens Microsoft Edge instead of my browser for Settings: This is by design. Like News and Interests, Widgets settings and everything else open in Microsoft Edge instead of your default browser.
    • Can I add multiple accounts in the Calendar widget: You cannot add multiple accounts as of now.
    • Can I add 3rd party widgets: No, as of now 3rd party widgets are not supported.
    • Cannot remove a Stock from the watchlist widget: This is by design. Microsoft is looking into it.
    • Watchlist Widget does not sync with MSN watchlist: This is by design. You need to create a separate watchlist.
    • Make the widget board full screen: It is not supported yet.
    Troubleshooting Windows 11 widgets

At certain times, the Widgets feature may not work properly. In that case, the following troubleshooting may help:

Reinstall Windows Web Experience pack: Microsoft delivers content in Widgets through an app from Microsoft Store, called Windows web experience pack. Basically, this app is responsible for web content inside the Operating system. If WWEP is missing, the Widgets feature would disappear. If this is the case for you, please perform the steps below:

• Right-click Start>Windows Powershell(admin).
    • Type the following command to remove traces of the Windows web experience pack: winget uninstall "windows web experience pack"
    • Wait for the process to complete. When it is done, go to the following page
    • Windows Web Experience pack from Microsoft Store.
    • Click Get>Install.
    • When the installation is complete, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved.

No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro ef935103-2d57-49db-8652-6caa8b7b1bf2?upload=true.png

Reinstall Edge Webview2: Widgets board uses EdgeWebView2 to render content. If in case the same is crashing, you can try reinstalling the EdgeWebView2 component from here. Choose Standalone installer. Also, make sure Edge is installed on the machine.

Reinstall Display drivers: In certain scenarios, the display driver may be causing issues for the Widget board to load. Please try reinstalling them from the manufacturer and try again. Make sure to install the latest ones. For troubleshooting purposes, you can remove the display driver and see if the widget board opens with the basic display driver.

Check Microsoft Store for available updates: Make sure all the apps, specifically the Web experience pack and else are updated in the Microsoft Store.

To send Feedback about Widget features to the Windows team, press Windows key+F. The relevant category is Desktop environment>Widgets.

You can know more about Widgets in this video:

Also read:

No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro f13cd2bc-ee9e-487c-b252-e104f03455e4?upload=true.png
    Sumit (@_sumitdhiman) / Twitter

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Jul 20, 2022
  3. Paulo GM Win User
    Widgets Windows 11

Hi Ronald, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

Have you tried restarting the widgets process? If not, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the task manager. On the Task Manager window, right-click on Windows Widgets then select End task. Try to re-open widgets and see if the issue is fixed.

If still not working, have you switched to a different browser? The Widgets feature on Windows 11 is closely integrated with MS Edge so issues may arise if you've changed it to something else. Try switching it back and see if that resolves the problem.

If still not working, check your pending updates on the Microsoft Store and update the Windows Web Experience Pack if it is on the list. That's what makes Widgets work properly in Windows 11.

Paulo GM, Jul 20, 2022
  4. No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro

Widgets windows 11

Hi wael-shaaban,

I'm Dyari. Thanks for reaching out. I will be happy to assist you in this regard.

Kindly try the steps below to fix the issue:

1-Open Settings app > Network & internet > Ethernet/WiFi > Turn Off Metered connection.

2-Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager > Process tab > Search for Windows Widgets > End task. After that, check to see if the issue is fixed or not.

3-If not, try more troubleshooting methods in the links below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-widgets-not-worki...

https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-widgets-no...

https://www.guidingtech.com/top-ways-to-fix-wid...

Please let me know if you need further assistance and keep me updated.

Stay safe

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

DYARIBARHAM, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro

1. No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro - Similar Threads - Option Widgets Pro

2. Windows 11 pro widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro widget: Recently I upgraded my Laptop Windows 11 from home to pro. In home version the widget worked properly but in pro version does not work. I searched the internet in order to fix the problem. I tried every solution I found but none of them did not work. I could not find Windows...
  3. Windows 11 pro widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro widget: Recently I upgraded my Laptop Windows 11 from home to pro. In home version the widget worked properly but in pro version does not work. I searched the internet in order to fix the problem. I tried every solution I found but none of them did not work. I could not find Windows...
  4. No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro

No Option for Widgets in Windows 11 Pro: PLEASE NO EXPERTS FROM DIRECTLY/ON DEMAND UNLESS YOU 100% KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE.Recently, the Weather app Widget disappeared from my Windows 11 Pro desktop. I have tried to get it back using the following stepsRight-click the taskbar, and click Taskbar settings. Toggle...
  5. Widgets option not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets option not available: Hey everyone!So I just updated to windows 11, and I'm facing a small issue. The widgets option has suddenly disappeared from the taskbar, and there is no option to enable it in the settings anymore either. I don't know how this happened because the option was there when I...
  6. Widgets option not available

Widgets option not available: Hey everyone!So I just updated to windows 11, and I'm facing a small issue. The widgets option has suddenly disappeared from the taskbar, and there is no option to enable it in the settings anymore either. I don't know how this happened because the option was there when I...
  7. Widgets in Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets in Windows 11 Pro: Hi,Recently installed Windows 11 Pro in my laptop Asus Zenbook Duo but I don't have widgets and can't find a way to enable them. I don't have also the Widgets button in Taskbar settings as you can see in attached image My OS is in Portuguese. Is there an easy fix for this?...
  8. Widgets in Windows 11 Pro

Widgets in Windows 11 Pro: Hi,Recently installed Windows 11 Pro in my laptop Asus Zenbook Duo but I don't have widgets and can't find a way to enable them. I don't have also the Widgets button in Taskbar settings as you can see in attached image My OS is in Portuguese. Is there an easy fix for this?...
  9. No option for widgets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option for widgets: After upgrading to Windows 11 yesterday, Widgets appeared on my taskbar as expected, but after a reboot, it is gone, and there is no option to enable it. Personailzation > Taskbar merely lists Seach, Task view, and Chat. I tried several suggestions including a registry entry...
  10. No option for widgets

No option for widgets: After upgrading to Windows 11 yesterday, Widgets appeared on my taskbar as expected, but after a reboot, it is gone, and there is no option to enable it. Personailzation > Taskbar merely lists Seach, Task view, and Chat. I tried several suggestions including a registry entry...