Windows 10: No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro

Discus and support No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I literally just got my dell inspiron today and I have spent the entire day trying to follow steps to upgrade the home OS to pro. There is no option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasWise1, Jul 7, 2020.

1. No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro

I literally just got my dell inspiron today and I have spent the entire day trying to follow steps to upgrade the home OS to pro. There is no option to upgrade it. I have reinstalled the OS twice and I'm really getting tired of the tutorials and forums online not helping. I feel like I'm a pretty tech savvy person, but this has just been ridiculous.

:)

ThomasWise1, Jul 7, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10 Pro. I understand that you are unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Have you purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store?
    • How are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

If you have purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the section
    Upgrade using your digital license for Windows 10 Pro in the article
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.

However, if you have a Windows 10 Product key, you can refer the section
    Upgrade using a Windows 10 Pro product key from the same article.

If you still face issues in upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, you can get in touch with our live Technical Support team by calling them and they will help you further with the installation. Please refer the article
    Global Customer Service phone numbers to get the Customer support
    number as per your country.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 7, 2020
  4. No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro

Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro Try Again Later

Hi Shawn,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Are you able to open and access Windows store normally?
      • As you said that you tried to use different work account, is the work account connected to domain network?
      • Are you working on any .NET applications?
    As you are get the error while you try to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Windows store, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Try to reset the Windows store cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open run command prompt.
    • Enter the wsreset.exe in the run text box and hit Enter key on the keyboard.
    If the issue still persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to re-register Windows store and check if it helps. Follow the suggestions in
    Method 3 provided by Giridhar J on August 25, 2015 in the below thread to re-register Windows store.

Error Code 0x80070002 while installing apps from Store in Windows 10

Reference: As a reference, you may follow the suggestions provided by the
    Andre Da Costa on June 2, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

How to upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro

1. No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro - Similar Threads - option Microsoft Store

2. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  3. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  4. How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store: Hi How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store .Please helpThanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-to-pro-from/348a2f50-11d1-4e24-8cfc-61bd02c2fc4d
  5. How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store: Hi How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store .Please helpThanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-to-pro-from/348a2f50-11d1-4e24-8cfc-61bd02c2fc4d
  6. Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store: what happens when we are upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from the Microsoft store, does all the data are lost from the OS driver, which includes software, or It may be available as same even when upgradation....
  7. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  8. Upgrade from Home to Pro options?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Home to Pro options?: Hi all, My new laptop came with an OEM version of Win 10 Home, which I want to upgrade to Pro, but: - buying a boxed Pro version means I need to install it from scratch and go through the hassle of setting up everything (ie all apps on top of the OS) again, as it won't...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store: Hi, I brought the Windows 10 Pro off the Microsoft store, after buying to upgrade nothing happened, after restart my Windows now tells me it is no longer activated and to go to activate Windows, troubleshooting does nothing, signing in and out does nothing, restarting again...
  10. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home... Via Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home... Via Microsoft Store: I downloaded Win 10 pro from Microsoft Store ... Got help to instore.... But day or so after I lost a drive and must have put my computer back to Windows Home..... How can I get back to Windows 10 Pro.......