Windows 10: No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel

Discus and support No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG] I wanted to remove bitlocker encryption from my drives but I can't see any option related to bitlocker in my control panel to remove it. I also... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kashishAshfaque, Jul 5, 2020.

1. No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel

No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel [​IMG]

I wanted to remove bitlocker encryption from my drives but I can't see any option related to bitlocker in my control panel to remove it.

I also tried using powershell commands to remove the lock but it's showing I don't have the administrative rights but my account is the administrator account, I can't understand why it's showing that, I am really confused.

:)

kashishAshfaque, Jul 5, 2020

2. Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 5, 2020
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Bitlocker is missing in control panel and No option to decrypt my drive in win10 pro

Bitlocker does not show in Control Panel until you search for it--or expand to show everything. It also will not be found using the run box. When you search control panel and it shows up. Manage Bitlocker works and allows you to turn it on/off.

mlg63, Jul 5, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel

The Control Panel (Category View)

My apologies, Brink but I still do not get it.

The steps for both options are identical, the only difference is the location of the desired icons will need to be accessible for all users for Option 2. That's it.

Moreover, both the Mail and Flash Player (32-bit) applets are not listed in the list of Control Panel items for both options.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel

1. No option related to bitlocker is showing in control panel - Similar Threads - option related bitlocker

2. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  3. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  4. Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel: I clean installed windows 11 on my windows 10 laptop without deleting windows 10's existing efi,msr and recovery partitions yesterday as I thought they will work same with windows 11. And all worked properly. Also bitlockerdevice encryption worked properly as well. But when I...
  5. Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel: I clean installed windows 11 on my windows 10 laptop without deleting windows 10's existing efi,msr and recovery partitions yesterday as I thought they will work same with windows 11. And all worked properly. Also bitlockerdevice encryption worked properly as well. But when I...
  6. Bitlocker not showing on Control Panel or USB Context

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker not showing on Control Panel or USB Context: I saw this response in this forum: "I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps: Go to Control panel and click on BitLocker Driver encryption. Click on Turn on BitLocker. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help."...
  7. The control panel does not show uninstall option

in Windows 10 Customization
    The control panel does not show uninstall option: I use Windows10 and I want to delete an application, but when I press on it even with right click, nothing happens. I can uninstall everything else, but this. Its not open. [ATTACH]...
  8. control panel not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel not showing: When I press control panel it doesn't open, but the icon on the bottom toolbar shows that it is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-not-showing/3f5f359b-9c19-4181-8371-c45ed3ae9371
  9. No 'Microphone' option in Control Panel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No 'Microphone' option in Control Panel.: I'm not sure why, because as far as I'm aware, the Microphone setting should always be on the control panel however when I went to check mine Because I bought a new headset and need to connect my microphone to it it wasn't there. I figured it would just be disabled and all I...
  10. Realtek control panel not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek control panel not showing: I don't know why that's not showing. submitted by /u/eiccaoffical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzysfj/realtek_control_panel_not_showing/