Windows 10: No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options

Discus and support No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I set a pin to sign in to my computer, but now my whole family knows it and can access my computer at any time. I looked up how to change my pin in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KirstenB4, Jun 28, 2020.

1. KirstenB4 Win User

No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options

I set a pin to sign in to my computer, but now my whole family knows it and can access my computer at any time.

I looked up how to change my pin in settings - accounts - sign-in options, but there is no option to change my PIN.

I selected "I forgot my PIN" on sign-in, and it gave a general warning about not changing my PIN unless I forgot it, etc, but when I hit "continue", I get an error message "Cannot change your PIN at this time". There is a "Retry" button, but I keep getting the same error message.

I seriously have to physically hide my computer now. Help.

:)

KirstenB4, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Judesman Win User

Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN:

No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options [​IMG]

Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like this:

Can someone explain why there is a difference please?

Judesman, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Judesman Win User

That looks like it. Originally my Local Account password and PIN were the same. I have now entered a new password and set up a PIN. When I log in, the log in box has PIN inside it. My Sign-In option now looks like this:

Presumably, if I removed my PIN, using the option, I would then have to log in using my password. Is that correct please?

Thank you very much for your help. I now have a password for my MSA, a password for my Local Account and a PIN for the Local Account.

Judesman, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Judesman Win User

Hi Brink,

If I click on Add I am invited to verify account password (although I have a PIN). I enter PIN and then I have the option to create a PIN instead of a password (although I am not using a password). I originally signed up for a Microsoft Account but then changed to a Local Account so I didn't have to sign in with the MS password. Having set up a PIN for my Local Account, a few days later I changed the PIN (to make it easier for my family to remember). I have spoken to another Win 10 user and they have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my password" on their Local Account. Thanks for your help.

Judesman, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options - Similar Threads - option change PIN

2. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up PIN as a sign-in option: Hello, My Windows sign in was temporarily disrupted by an accidental addition of a work account on my personal PC, forcing me to sign in using a password instead of my preferred PIN. I have removed the account but am getting an error when attempting to switch it back to PIN...
  3. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up PIN as a sign-in option: Hello, My Windows sign in was temporarily disrupted by an accidental addition of a work account on my personal PC, forcing me to sign in using a password instead of my preferred PIN. I have removed the account but am getting an error when attempting to switch it back to PIN...
  4. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  6. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  7. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option"

no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option": Everything is telling me to go to "sign-in options" to change my pin or delete my pin, but changing or deleting my pin is no longer listed as an option... on this weird "Windows Hello" pin, which is not an option either. [ATTACH]...
  9. Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options,

Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options,: Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, When I click here nothing happens. Occasionally I can access this dialog by clicking Settings freeze and I have to exit. I can occassionally access by clicking Change the sign-in options after clicking on the windows search....
  10. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...