Windows 10: No option to change the pin

Discus and support No option to change the pin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not getting any option to change my login pin. I get a message that the PIN is not working for organization resources. It is my personal laptop &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vijayrchandran, Jan 5, 2020.

1. No option to change the pin

I am not getting any option to change my login pin.

I get a message that the PIN is not working for organization resources. It is my personal laptop & the windows account that I use to login is also my personal one.

Vijay.

No option to change the pin 76b26121-de78-41f0-9ed6-0ffaa90ab578?upload=true.png

:)

vijayrchandran, Jan 5, 2020

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Changing password back to a 4 digit pin

Hi John,

I would like to inform you that your query is bit confusing and what I understood is that you would like to change the Windows 10 sign in option to pin.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you able to access the desktop or able to login as you are telling that it tells that you are entering the incorrect password?

• Which is the build currently installed on the computer?

• Is the account a local account or Microsoft Account?
    I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Microsoft Account and please follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • Click on Add under PIN.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.
    Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

No option to change the pin

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

No option to change the pin

1. No option to change the pin - Similar Threads - option change pin

2. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  3. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  4. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  5. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  6. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  7. No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No option to change PIN in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options: I set a pin to sign in to my computer, but now my whole family knows it and can access my computer at any time. I looked up how to change my pin in settings - accounts - sign-in options, but there is no option to change my PIN. I selected "I forgot my PIN" on sign-in, and...
  8. no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option": Everything is telling me to go to "sign-in options" to change my pin or delete my pin, but changing or deleting my pin is no longer listed as an option... on this weird "Windows Hello" pin, which is not an option either. [ATTACH]...
  9. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...
  10. No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ?

No "Change PIN" option showing in settings ?: In my Settings - Accounts - Sign in options section there should be an option to Change PIN next to ADD PIN. Can anyone tell me how to get it to come back, please ? Windows 10 Professional x64 98195