Windows 10: no option to delete images from phone once imported to PC.

Discus and support no option to delete images from phone once imported to PC. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 and I used to get the option to ' Delete images after import' from my phone. However this option no longer seems to be in use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mattdepp, Jun 2, 2020.

1. mattdepp Win User

no option to delete images from phone once imported to PC.

I am using windows 10 and I used to get the option to ' Delete images after import' from my phone.

However this option no longer seems to be in use.

Have ran all diagnostics and have also uninstalled and reinstalled specified programmes, drives and also returned phone back to defualt settings. However non of this has helped or changed anything.

PLease advise ?

Kind Regards,

M

:)

mattdepp, Jun 2, 2020
  2. CR0
    cr0 Win User

What are the "tmp" .RAW files showing up when importing pics from Android to Windows PC?

When importing photos taken from my Samsung Galaxy S6 into Windows 10, sometimes I get anomalous photos imported that are not in my camera's galaxy.

The anomalous imported images vary in their contents: sometimes they are 1px*1px white image files of a few kb size; sometimes they are graphics like an arrow direction sign, a generic scene of a camera displayed over a cityscape like an ad, or an octagon; sometimes they are files that seem like images but don't open correctly; sometimes they are screenshots of my phone homescreen but they are not screenshots that appear in my phone gallery as when I intentionally take a screenshot. In my last test case, my import included 6 files named "tmp0", "tmp1" ... "tmp5" all .RAW format and somewhat large (one is 8MB, one is 15MB). These files sometimes have almost no metadata, and in some cases they have timestamps that happened when the phone was off and I was asleep! So far I've noticed they all have File Attributes="A" under Properties > Details > File, but I'm not sure what that means.

Here are some specs on the import:

• Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android v7.0
    • Windows 10 HP laptop
    • To import, I connect phone to PC via USB then Windows Photos pops up. It
      searches for new images, I then select which of the new ones I want to import and have options on what system to name & save them through and if deleting after importing, then I start the process. It's at that point - where Windows Photos is suggesting what images to import - that I see these weird images which aren't showing up on my phone's gallery.

I use the same import system to import photos from a different camera which connects to the PC via an SD card. When going off the SD card, I never get these weird images, so this seems specific to the Android/Windows connection.

Here's a screenshot of the weird photos I get when importing images from my phone, which are not in my phone's gallery:

no option to delete images from phone once imported to PC. q2I7c.jpg

3. Importing photos

Hi Susie,

Is the phone not recognized or is it not importing the pictures automatically?

Is Nokia PC suite installed in your PC? Is that not recognizing the phone as well?

I would suggest you to open device manager and check if the device is listed in the device manager. Right click on the start button and click on Device manager. Check if the device is listed there . If it is listed, right click on the entry and click update
    driver. If the device is not listed, check if the device is listed under other categories. I would also suggest you to click on the 'View' menu button and click on "show hidden devices' and check if you find any entries related to your phone. Try these steps
    and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 2, 2020
  4. vgchat Win User

syncing images to pc & back to iphone

Hey there I have a bit of a dilemma. I want to do this:

1. sync images from my iphone to my pc
    2. run jpegmini on the images that are now on my pc from my phone
    3. replace the existing images on the iphone and icloud with the new smaller compressed images to save space and avoid cloud conflicts with the same files with different file sizes

Surely this probably isn't as straight-forward as those steps above, right? Any feedback on what to do differently than the above or should I just stick with the above?

vgchat, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. no option to delete images from phone once imported to PC. - Similar Threads - option delete images

2. Importing media from phone to computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing media from phone to computer: Hello!When I connect my phone via USB cable to my PC, i click import photos and videos and the program successfully finds and locates all the media on my phone, and then I can set how I want the folders to be named etc. But when i click continue, to actually start importing...
  3. Importing media from phone to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing media from phone to computer: Hello!When I connect my phone via USB cable to my PC, i click import photos and videos and the program successfully finds and locates all the media on my phone, and then I can set how I want the folders to be named etc. But when i click continue, to actually start importing...
  4. Import images?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import images?: Hello, i have an Acer laptop running windows 10. i would like to import my pictures and videos from my phone but it does not work. I've imported pictures and videos from my iPhone many times but since about a year ago this doesn't work anymore and I don't know why. Can...
  5. Images imported from iphone flipped

Images imported from iphone flipped: I use Windows 10 PC. I imported photos from my iPhone. I used import photos wizard from the file explorer. I checked "rotate images." Many of the photos I imported from the phone ended up flipped sideways and upside down. Should I have un-checked "rotate images"...
  6. Importing photos from phone into photos.

Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  7. image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8

image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8: in file explorer, the only preview images that show are ones imported from my android phone. there are no preview images whatsoever showing for photos previously imported from my windows 8 phone, either from pictures subfolders or from onedrive pictures folder. have tried...
  8. import photos from the phone to the PC

import photos from the phone to the PC: How can I import photos from the phone to the PC? I need to transfer images that I have in my Cell Phone to my PC, do I need to download some software?...
  9. Importing photos from mobile phones.

Importing photos from mobile phones.: My PC recognises my Samsung GT-19100 but tells me that there are no photos to import. But there is! What's to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/importing-photos-from-mobile-phones/bbc0dde2-6332-452d-be9b-99951ce6f051
  10. importing pictures from an android phone

importing pictures from an android phone: Which app do I use to import Pictures from an android phone? Using an android micro plug from the phone to a usb slot on the PC? Moved from: Accessories / Other...