Windows 10: No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop.

Discus and support No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't find any option to disable this. I've tried disabling through intel graphics and theres no option to disable through advance power settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ProfessrHobo, Nov 13, 2020.

1. No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop.

I can't find any option to disable this.

I've tried disabling through intel graphics and theres no option to disable through advance power settings. The only option there for display is 'turn off display after...'

It can get irritating on the eyes when in a dark room. It'll just slowly get brighter after a few seconds. Happens when I use a website with a bright background (like when googling something and it goes from a dark to a bright background).

Anyone have any suggestions to fix this? It happens both plugged in and on battery.

Laptop is a hp 250 g5 if it helps.

submitted by /u/ProfessrHobo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ProfessrHobo, Nov 13, 2020

2. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the display options

My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time.

I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10.

I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it.

I followed the steps that said the following:

*As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows)

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off*

But the problem i the option "Enable adaptive brightness" is not even there.

No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop. 6d764773-8fc4-43e7-b5cc-304b674e78f1?upload=true.jpg

So What do i do now?

Kaushik307, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Auto brightness

Hi Ajit,

To better assist you with the auto brightness issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Nov 13, 2020
  4. No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop.

How to disable auto screen dimming?

Hello,

This issue could be related to the power plan settings on your computer. To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you try to disable the adaptive brightness on your power plan settings. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in Search/Cortana.
    • On the left pane, click Choose when to turn off the display option to open the Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings to open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness.
    • Select the Off option for both On battery and
      Plugged in.

After disabling the adaptive brightness, check if you will still

experience the issue.

Keep us posted so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop.

1. No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop. - Similar Threads - option disable auto

2. Auto brightness on, option can't be seen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness on, option can't be seen.: My laptop is doing this "Auto brightness" thing and I cant find it in the settings. Is there another way to turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-brightness-on-option-cant-be-seen/ff3d92da-15f1-4824-86b1-ad695641a81b
  3. Auto brightness on, option can't be seen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto brightness on, option can't be seen.: My laptop is doing this "Auto brightness" thing and I cant find it in the settings. Is there another way to turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-brightness-on-option-cant-be-seen/ff3d92da-15f1-4824-86b1-ad695641a81b
  4. Lack of auto brightness off option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lack of auto brightness off option: Hi, I try to off auto brightness option, and I haven't "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option. How can I off this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-auto-brightness-off-option/74cc6708-aab1-402a-b10e-19011300fb3a
  5. Lack of auto brightness off option

Lack of auto brightness off option: Hi, I try to off auto brightness option, and I haven't "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option. How can I off this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-auto-brightness-off-option/74cc6708-aab1-402a-b10e-19011300fb3a
  6. Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos: How can I disable the auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos? Every time I open photos, one or two seconds later it became darker, honestly I don't like it. I already tried to enter this command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  7. Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos

Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos: How can I disable the auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos? Every time I open photos, one or two seconds later it became darker, honestly I don't like it. I already tried to enter this command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  8. No option to turn off Auto Brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to turn off Auto Brightness: [ATTACH] I just bought a new Lenovo 9i laptop and its great. Unfortunately, when I go into Display Settings, there is no box to disable auto brightness. I then went into Advance Power Options and there is no option to disable it there either. Is this normal? The Lenovo...
  9. Disable The Lame Auto Brightness Feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable The Lame Auto Brightness Feature: What the hell is it?? How come a 1500USD device doesn't have the option to turn off the **** auto brightness option?? I'm a student which cannot keep studying on that way since the autobrightness is **** harm my eyes while trying to read for a few hours every day. You...
  10. Need help disabling auto-brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help disabling auto-brightness: Hello ! First of all, this is the system I'm talking about: Lenovo Thinkpad T420s i7-2620m Nvidia NVS 4200m I'm not sure if it's some drivers derping or if it's Windows 10, but I get some annoying auto-brightness. If I go on some page that has a dark background, my...