Windows 10: No option to enable Cortana button

Discus and support No option to enable Cortana button in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I right clicked the taskbar. Look: [ATTACH] No option to enable Cortana button. Can someone please help? How can I fix this? Will 20H1 fix the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AadiSiddiqi, Jul 1, 2020.

1. No option to enable Cortana button

Hi,

I right clicked the taskbar.

Look:

No option to enable Cortana button c13a924a-b879-432f-86f7-e8ce80224480?upload=true.jpg
    No option to enable Cortana button. Can someone please help? How can I fix this? Will 20H1 fix the issue?

:)

AadiSiddiqi, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jul 1, 2020
  3. cortana problems/can't enable cortana...

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open the Time & Language Settings page by click on search and typing time and language.
    • Make sure that English (United States) is listed. If not, click on “Add a language”, and follow the steps to add the language
    • Click on “English (United States)”, then click on the “Options” button.
    • Set the Country and region setting to the United States
    • Log off and log in.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 1, 2020
  4. No option to enable Cortana button

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

No option to enable Cortana button

1. No option to enable Cortana button - Similar Threads - option enable Cortana

2. Cortana Button not visiblees

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana Button not visiblees: I can't see the Cortana option even though, I have all apps option enabled I did a system scan and it detected nothing. What do i do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-button-not-visiblees/ef863698-ed4d-437c-942d-1a9d7d407dca
  3. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  4. " Hey Cortana" no option

in Cortana
    " Hey Cortana" no option: Trying to set up "Hey Cortana" Unable to.. I see no options. When I click Windows+C it does pop up.. I have check setting over and over and no option to turn on "Hey Cortana" When I turn on Cortana and check setting from there I see " Wake word invocation is currently...
  5. Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to...

in Cortana
    Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to...: Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to uncheck . I'm using the latest update of Windows 10 Home so I don't have the gpedit.msc app. Any suggestions? Just trying to get rid of the Cortana icon on the taskbar to free up...
  6. enable power button hibernate option via intune

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable power button hibernate option via intune: Hello Ms Community, The company where i'm working for is working completely in a cloud environment. This means AzureAD nothing on prem. We are using Intune to deploy and configure pc's. No my question. How do i configure intune so the power button shows the option...
  7. enable Cortana

in Cortana
    enable Cortana: I cannot get Cortana to change and open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-cortana/ea55e2d4-433c-4259-95f6-07586c39d704"
  8. Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position

in Cortana
    Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position: Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-the-toggle-button-to-enable-hey-cortana/bd343f74-cb1f-4da3-b7bc-eafd6c7621c2"
  9. Enabling Cortana

in Cortana
    Enabling Cortana: hi there, i disabled cortana when i installed my os and now i want to enable her. the cortana icon is still in the start menu and when i clink it it just takes me to the search bar i have looked around and followed some pre-existing guides with no luck i am running 10 pro...
  10. Cortana enabled webcams

in Cortana
    Cortana enabled webcams: What would be some inexpensive Cortana enabled webcams? My Logitech's HD 720 microphone is not, apparently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-enabled-webcams/c5b1fc7c-bd4e-4a6a-8538-dfdb78b9b5d9"