Windows 10: No Option To Enter Password

Discus and support No Option To Enter Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is a strange one. The login option to enter my password is not present when my PC is started cold,from sleep etc. I am running version E0H2 (OS... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TexasBandit, Jan 4, 2021.

1. No Option To Enter Password

This is a strange one. The login option to enter my password is not present when my PC is started cold,from sleep etc. I am running version E0H2 (OS Build 19042.685) and using Defender for security. I can login with my fingerprint or pin but not my password. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Oriana.G Win User
    unable to deactivate Windows log-on password

Hi HearaldPenkert,

I suggest trying with this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Change sign-in options.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one. Try this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    • Under Password, tap or click Change.
    • Verify the current password for your local account.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.
    I hope it will solve your issue.

Bye

Oriana.G, Jan 4, 2021
  4. No Option To Enter Password

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

No Option To Enter Password

1. No Option To Enter Password - Similar Threads - Option Enter Password

2. enter password and returns to password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enter password and returns to password: Computer hacked I enter password and returns to password and the pin says no pin set up exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-and-returns-to-password/dcf20188-2672-465b-b624-80789e7d4333
  3. enter password and returns to password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter password and returns to password: Computer hacked I enter password and returns to password and the pin says no pin set up exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-and-returns-to-password/dcf20188-2672-465b-b624-80789e7d4333
  4. enter password and returns to password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enter the password for this account: It’s frustrating. I rebooted my computer and I got an error that it couldn’t boot up correctly, so I searched up some videos on how to fix it and the issue is I cannot access anything without my password, I’ve tried everything, my login pin, Microsoft password, and yes I’ve...
  6. Enter Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enter Password: Hi,my laptop shows this command after a long time I never changed the password. I have tried various ways and have entered my account password but still can't. I've tried it while connecting with internet via LAN.Thankyou...
  7. Entering WiFi Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entering WiFi Password: I just got a new router. But I can't find where to enter the password! I have gone into Settings/Network & Internet but the list on the left is Status, Ethernet, Dial-Up, VPN & Proxy. No mention of WiFi. I have gone to 'Show available Networks' and it goes to Status,...
  8. Password re-entering

Password re-entering: Hii, I'm daily notified for re-entering my password. But I not changed my password. What must to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-re-entering/aa1ebdb5-d170-4d9c-8c4a-fa7e9e25e0be"
  9. Enter Password Popup

Enter Password Popup: This just started about 2 days ago. You can't click on it and after about a minute it goes away. Any ideas? Thanks[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-popup/93abd7cc-3b5f-4437-baae-5ced93d4950a"
  10. password to enter

password to enter: Old password will not work and allow me to login at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-enter/2a701d3b-e461-4447-aacd-80d95851da0a"