Windows 10: No option to link microsoft account to windows

Discus and support No option to link microsoft account to windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there anyway i can link it? just reactivated my pc after getting a new motherboard and want to link it so i dont have to buy another product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FreePvp, Oct 22, 2020.

1. No option to link microsoft account to windows

Is there anyway i can link it? just reactivated my pc after getting a new motherboard and want to link it so i dont have to buy another product key. Theres no "+ add account" or any tab thats called link account.

submitted by /u/FreePvp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FreePvp, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Oct 22, 2020
  3. AFJ
    AFJ Win User
    Remove Microsoft linked account in Windows 10

This question refers to steps 3 and 4 in the thread How to rename the User folder in Windows 10?

The troublesome steps are:

3) Remove original Microsoft linked account

4) Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish

I was stuck on those 2 steps. I couldn't find a way in Windows 10 to remove the Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

4. No option to link microsoft account to windows

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

No option to link microsoft account to windows [​IMG]

MCardona81, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

No option to link microsoft account to windows

1. No option to link microsoft account to windows - Similar Threads - option link microsoft

2. microsoft account linked to windows account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft account linked to windows account problem: What happens when i close the microsoft account, that im logged into as admin on my windows system? It is the only account on this device, and windows has blessed me with no option whatsoever to change that. I dont want to create another admin acc, because im not feeling like...
  3. microsoft account linked to windows account problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft account linked to windows account problem: What happens when i close the microsoft account, that im logged into as admin on my windows system? It is the only account on this device, and windows has blessed me with no option whatsoever to change that. I dont want to create another admin acc, because im not feeling like...
  4. microsoft account linked to windows account problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSH into Microsoft Linked Windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSH into Microsoft Linked Windows account: Hi there,Is it possible to SSH into a Microsoft linked account on a Windows 11 machine? I am using the Windows build-in OpenSSH server "optional feature" however I am having troubles SSHing into the account. While SSHing into a regular local Windows user account works I'm not...
  6. Linked Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linked Microsoft account: My laptop is dying, I've bought a new laptop. Problem is, is that im in china, firstly does anyone know how to change the language, if possible. and secondly how do i find out what Microsoft account is connected to windows, so i can use the same account on my new laptop...
  7. Windows key linked to the Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows key linked to the Microsoft account: Hello Good morning. Recently I change my note book's motherboard with DOS, when I first bought it came with windows 10 home pre-installed and I upgrade to pro with a digital license linked with my Microsoft account. My question is when I install the Windows 10 Pro on that...
  8. linking to Microsoft account

linking to Microsoft account: I am new to Windows 10 pro version actually which came with a second-hand laptop which I purchased. The firm selling their older laptops had Windows 7 in place and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro before selling, I am using it now as the new owner and at the moment it works...
  9. Link Windows License to a Microsoft Account without changing login options

Link Windows License to a Microsoft Account without changing login options: I want to link my digital Windows license to an account, so I can reuse it after replacing a faulty mainboard. But when I try to do that, Windows tells me that I would have to use that account to log in to windows from then on, instead of the existing local one. I do not...
  10. Link a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Link a microsoft account: How can I link my Microsoft (@hotmail.com) account to my Windows 10 computer without changing my current username and login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-a-microsoft-account/fa8d39bc-031f-4442-8abd-61e54604212d