Windows 10: No option to lock computer or change password

Discus and support No option to lock computer or change password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I have a very weird problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. There are two parts to this problem, but I think it's the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adsa, May 29, 2016.

1. adsa Win User

No option to lock computer or change password

Hi!

I have a very weird problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. There are two parts to this problem, but I think it's the same cause.

1. I have no "lock" option. I can't select lock from the start menu, WIN+L and doing it via ctrl+alt+del doesn't work either.
    2. I can't change my password, the change password button is disabled. Again, this doesn't work from ctrl+alt+del.

I've checked the policy manager and the option to disable locking is not enabled. There is an error showing up about Windows Location something when starting the Policy Editor.

No option to lock computer or change password [​IMG]

This does however only seem to affect my account, when testing with another account it all works just fine (both local admin accounts).

Any ideas as to what might cause this?

:)

2. Roan T Win User

Lock screen times out too soon

Hi,

To assist you, can you tell us the steps on how do you change the lock screen time of your PC?

By the way, if you wish to
    remove the password protection of your computer, you need to change the Power options setting
    to disable the auto-locking of the screen. Let’s try the following steps and check:

• Type
      Power from the Search box and select
      Power Options.

• SelectRequire a
      password on wakeupfrom the left side options.

• Under
      Password protection on wakeup, select Don't require a password.

• Click
      Save changes.

Regards.

Roan T, May 29, 2016
  3. JudithVW Win User

I too have a problem with the password , I have selected "never" in the accounts sign in options for a password and the system is ignoring this setting making me sign in every time the computer starts ,very annoying.

I changed to this setting after being locked out when my password was rejected, luckily I had another computer to access to change the password and so get in .

JudithVW, May 29, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I think the settings in the Group policy editor should be "Not configured" for both the remove password and the remove lock settings.

The error about the location is one that MS have not got around to fixing yet. You can sort it out by looking at the following:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077013

philc43, May 30, 2016
Thema:

1. No option to lock computer or change password - Similar Threads - option lock computer

2. No option to change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to change password: Recently my PC had an update and I don't know the password as before the update it was a pin number which I knew and now since I've updated my PC, I don't know the password. There are no options to reset password, I have restarted the PC multiple of times and there are still...
  3. No option to change password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to change password: Recently my PC had an update and I don't know the password as before the update it was a pin number which I knew and now since I've updated my PC, I don't know the password. There are no options to reset password, I have restarted the PC multiple of times and there are still...
  4. No option to change password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing

Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing: At Multiple Sites we just noticed today, the traditional method of users changing the password does not seem to be working on RDP.When a user is on a computer regularly, hiting Alt+Ctrl+Delete would bring up the option for a user to change their password. On a RDP session the...
  6. Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing: At Multiple Sites we just noticed today, the traditional method of users changing the password does not seem to be working on RDP.When a user is on a computer regularly, hiting Alt+Ctrl+Delete would bring up the option for a user to change their password. On a RDP session the...
  7. Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Password locked computer

Password locked computer: I have inherited a laptop from my brother. he is deceased. I cannot log in as it is asking for a password that I do not have. Any way to bypass and setup under my name??...
  9. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  10. Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...

Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...: I am not given the option to change my password and there is not a restart button on the screen - my Microsoft password does not work after I changed it. So what do I do now?...