Windows 10: No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive

Discus and support No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to be able to redirect the local folder in my C drive to my D drive, but the location tab does not appear. The folder is taking up too much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrennanSuddon, May 9, 2022.

1. No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive

I want to be able to redirect the local folder in my C drive to my D drive, but the location tab does not appear. The folder is taking up too much space in my C drive, and I understand that it will only grow as I play more and more games on my computer.

:)

BrennanSuddon, May 9, 2022

2. Explorer crashes after Restoring Folders to local from redirected folders

To summ it up:

in my company someone implemented a folder redirection way before my time.

Atm. we want to do a rollback of it.

I tried to restore my own AppData folder from \\server\Redirected Folders$\myusername\ to local over:

right klick on AppData folder Properties -> Path -> Restore ...

After it relocated all files to the local path my explorer crashes and i have to red cross the properties window.

Just to see afterwards it did not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TimKleinfeld, May 9, 2022
  3. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 9, 2022
  4. Bukama Win User

No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive

Windows 10 - Local Group Policy - Drive Redirection not working as expected

I have a unique situation attempting to disable drive redirection for mstsc. I am attempting to prevent local drive sharing when I remote to another PC.

My steps:

· Start gpedit.msc (local group policy editor)

· Navigate Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Device and Resource
    Redirection

· Select “Do not allow drive redirection” and enable it.

I

The PCs is not domain joined and is running Windows 10.

The wording of the setting explicitly says "client" so this the behavior is not entirely unexpected, but the operation seems counter-intuitive to me. If session host is the PC on which I run mstsc, and the client is the PC to which I want to connect, and
    I enable "do not allow drive redirection" on the client PC, then the session host drives are not visible when I connect. Disabling this setting (client), and reconnecting, will show the session host drive. So in reality this client PC setting is preventing
    a session host from redirecting their drives to the client PC remote session. The counter-intuitive part is that I expected this option to affect local PC drive redirection, not remote drive redirection for other PCs connecting to me.

On the flip side, if I enable this setting (disallowing drive redirection) on the session host, and then initiate mstsc, the local session host drives are available for the session. (not what I want)

Is there a setting on the session host PC that will disallow the session host from using local session host drives in mstsc?

Bukama, May 9, 2022
Thema:

No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive

1. No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive - Similar Threads - option redirect AppData

2. Redirecting AppData\Local to another drive for all users AD joined workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirecting AppData\Local to another drive for all users AD joined workstation: Hi, I'm administering a school lab with Windows 10 Pro computers connected to AD. I will be putting new SSDs in computers but there are so many accounts that I'm concerned for their lognevity when the AppData\Local folders start growing and wanted to use old HDDs for profile...
  3. Redirecting AppData\Local to another drive for all users AD joined workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirecting AppData\Local to another drive for all users AD joined workstation: Hi, I'm administering a school lab with Windows 10 Pro computers connected to AD. I will be putting new SSDs in computers but there are so many accounts that I'm concerned for their lognevity when the AppData\Local folders start growing and wanted to use old HDDs for profile...
  4. Redirecting AppData\Local to another drive for all users AD joined workstation

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive: I want to be able to redirect the local folder in my C drive to my D drive, but the location tab does not appear. The folder is taking up too much space in my C drive, and I understand that it will only grow as I play more and more games on my computer....
  6. No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to redirect the AppData Local folder to another drive: I want to be able to redirect the local folder in my C drive to my D drive, but the location tab does not appear. The folder is taking up too much space in my C drive, and I understand that it will only grow as I play more and more games on my computer....
  7. Redirecting a folder path to another drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redirecting a folder path to another drive?: Keeping the problem fairly short and sweet: I would like to be able to redirect a folder on my Hard Disk E: Drive to my Solid State C: Drive so that when programs try to access within that folder path, they're instead using the faster C: drive. For, example, if it tries...
  8. Move appdata folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move appdata folder to another drive: I was wondering if it was possible to move the appdata folder to a drive different from c, since I have a small ssd and I want to free up some space. I've red that changing its path could break some programs so I wanted to know what do you think about it and if you know other...
  9. Redirecting a gaming program storage folder to another drive

Redirecting a gaming program storage folder to another drive: Windows 10 current version ACER Republic of Gaming ROG Strix 12 computer 64MB of RAM World of Tanks game installed on SSD Drive F I want to store the REPLAY folder of the game where replays of the game are stored on Drive D:/Games/Replay How can I do this The...
  10. What is this folder in AppData/Local?

What is this folder in AppData/Local?: Edited a picture in Windows, saw this folder in AppData that just contained images of the photos app. https://imgur.com/a/mAgZyYB some search results say this is a PUP or a virus but it literally only appeared after I edited a photo...