Windows 10: No option to remove pin - Account problem

Discus and support No option to remove pin - Account problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,After the recent update, I was forced to use my PIN to log in. Fortunately I remembered it. I want to set the password as the default login as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arachnophobian, Nov 28, 2022.

1. No option to remove pin - Account problem

Hello,After the recent update, I was forced to use my PIN to log in. Fortunately I remembered it. I want to set the password as the default login as it was before but I do not have the option and cannot even remove the pin. see attached screenshot.If I follow the prompts for the "Sorry, this PIN isn't working..." I cannot finish. it tells me that I cannot use my personal account which is what I use to sign in to my computer. The only options are two accounts that were from my Outlook account for my school e-mails. These are not the accounts that I want to log in on my computer with AND I

:)

Arachnophobian, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Rose Ter Win User

No option to remove pin - Account problem

Add Pin option is not working

If the previous steps failed to work. You can try to Remove
    and Add your PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on Sign-in options and login to Windows with your Microsoft account or local account Password.
    • Click on Windows icon at the bottom-right corner, on top of Start Menu click on your account icon and select Change account settings.
    • On the left-side panel of Accounts settings, select Sign-in options.
    • On this page, you have a number of options
      select PIN.
    • Directly below PIN, you will see two buttons. Click on Remove.
    • You will be asked "Are you sure you want to remove your PIN?" etc. Select
      Remove.
    • A Log-in Box now opens for you to re-enter your Password then click
      OK.
    • You will be returned to the Sign-in option
      page where you can now add a PIN once again.
    • Enter your new PIN and confirm PIN, click on OK to reset your new PIN for your Windows Sign-in.
    • Restart your PC and Sign-in with your new PIN to confirm.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

No option to remove pin - Account problem

1. No option to remove pin - Account problem - Similar Threads - option remove pin

2. Removing PIN code option is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing PIN code option is locked.: I wanted to remove the PIN for my windows i don't want to enter it everytime i open my computer. Why the option for removing the PIN is locked for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-pin-code-option-is-locked/6fb11f8b-32b2-4a86-a9e2-6f20320e2e69
  3. Removing PIN code option is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing PIN code option is locked.: I wanted to remove the PIN for my windows i don't want to enter it everytime i open my computer. Why the option for removing the PIN is locked for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-pin-code-option-is-locked/6fb11f8b-32b2-4a86-a9e2-6f20320e2e69
  4. Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!: Hello there,I see this has been covered before, but after spending hours trying to get into my Windows 11 laptop, only to get 'your pin is not available'. My backup option of mobile phone not an option, sods law that my backup email account was not available due to outage....
  5. Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!: Hello there,I see this has been covered before, but after spending hours trying to get into my Windows 11 laptop, only to get 'your pin is not available'. My backup option of mobile phone not an option, sods law that my backup email account was not available due to outage....
  6. No option to remove pin - Account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to remove pin - Account problem: Hello,After the recent update, I was forced to use my PIN to log in. Fortunately I remembered it. I want to set the password as the default login as it was before but I do not have the option and cannot even remove the pin. see attached screenshot.If I follow the prompts for...
  7. No option to log into local account with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to log into local account with PIN: I cannot log into my desktop computer Windows 10 with my PIN. It was working find, but after relocating the computer and turning it back on, it no longer gives me an option to use my PIN to log in and I can't remember the password. When I select reset my password, it takes me...
  8. Remove Pin Number option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove Pin Number option: Hello. I have a Dell Optiplex 7050 machine which I accessed Windows with the Pin Number option. The technical service installed a new mother board to the machine. After this change, Windows could be accessed with the password option. I tried to change the Windows access...
  9. Was the option to pin an item on the clipboard removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Was the option to pin an item on the clipboard removed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ACCA919 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ll7pc3/was_the_option_to_pin_an_item_on_the_clipboard/
  10. Cannot remove PIN - option not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove PIN - option not available: I was recently prompted to set up a PIN for my PC which I did and now it asks for it each time, however I want to remove it and go back to password or if I really can't do that then change the PIN. But when I go into settings and look at sign in options it is telling me I...