Windows 10: No option to reset password for local account after update to 1903?

Discus and support No option to reset password for local account after update to 1903? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just updated one of my 2 PCs to 1903 and now I am locked out. It took me to a local login account which I don't remember the password since I always... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brennokbob, Jul 4, 2019.

1. No option to reset password for local account after update to 1903?

I just updated one of my 2 PCs to 1903 and now I am locked out. It took me to a local login account which I don't remember the password since I always use my Pin. I have tried everything but no luck. I have reset my Microsoft password and verified it works, but this is definitely the local account. There is also no reset password option on the login screen.

I have read about DART, but it sounds like this isn't available to home users. It looks almost like it is booting into safe mode after the update. I can only shut down, restart, or enable airplane mode. This is on a desktop PC without wifi.

:)

Brennokbob, Jul 4, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 4, 2019
  3. pstrg Win User
    Reset Local Account Password

Can't use option one (don't have password reset disk).

Option three affects only the Microsoft Account password, not the local user password.

pstrg, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

No option to reset password for local account after update to 1903?

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

No option to reset password for local account after update to 1903?

1. No option to reset password for local account after update to 1903? - Similar Threads - option reset password

2. Issues with local account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with local account password: I have an issue with my account on my PC. When I look at the account under manage my accounts the account shows up as a Local Account, but when I attempt to convert it to a Microsoft account under Accounts there is no option to do so. It looks like a Microsoft account...
  3. Reset account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset account password: One of my friends changed my Microsoft account password and I know the new password, but I always try to put the old password before I remember to put the new one. I tried changing the password, but the website says I've used that password before, and therefore I can't put it...
  4. Resetting my Windows 10 local account password

Resetting my Windows 10 local account password: Hi, I forgot my Windows 10 local account password. when searching the web, I got 'Resetting my Windows 10 local account password' under which the points say to use 'Shift + restart' in the power button after general restart. When I followed the same procedure on my...
  5. How do I reset a Password for windows 10 local account?

How do I reset a Password for windows 10 local account?: How do I reset a Password for windows 10 local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-reset-a-password-for-windows-10-local/ba4f68f7-1223-4a0a-90a6-ca8fc9142522"
  6. reset "local account" password in windows 10 screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset "local account" password in windows 10 screen: How do I reset my password local account in windows 10 screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/reset-local-account-password-in-windows-10-screen/4cf69b02-e848-451d-8077-828fa7f74f9b
  7. Reset Local Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...
  8. Local Account - Password Required

Local Account - Password Required: Someone Help Me??? During the Local account changing process(From Microsoft Account). I have changed my username from existing one to new one and i leave the password fields as empty. After the completing the process. i restarted my laptop and i try to re-login. Now password...
  9. Lost password (local account)

Lost password (local account): Hello - I have been using a local (non-microsoft) account to sign in to my laptop. I set a four digit pin a few months ago because it's easier to remember and use - however - I have forgotten my actual password. *Sad A month or so ago, I attempted to use the 'netplwiz'...
  10. Local Account Password changed

Local Account Password changed: Hi, I have linked my Windows 10 app store to a BT provided email address. After rebooting it has asked me to login. It has changed my local account from my name to my BT email address and asking for a password. This is not my normal password and has seemed to link my BT...