Windows 10: No option to roll back to Win 7

Discus and support No option to roll back to Win 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I go to Settings/Update & Security/Recovery, I have no option to roll back to Windows 7. This is not a clean install. If I search for Windows.old,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ed69, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Ed69 Win User

No option to roll back to Win 7

When I go to Settings/Update & Security/Recovery, I have no option to roll back to Windows 7. This is not a clean install. If I search for Windows.old, the image shows as the attached. I'm not super good at computer stuff, but I usually struggle through. Any suggestions as to how I can revert to Windows 7 easily? Any help would be grea

:)

2. No roll back to Windows 7 Prof option after Windows 10 install

I don't work here, but I am almost certain that writing back to him here means on this thread.

It's been pointed out endlessly that once you have installed and authenticated you could do a clean install, your 'key' is part of your Microsoft account now.

And no, I didn't read it right the first time so this is a complete edit.

You won't need the key again, but if you have to change out the motherboard etc I would suppose you'd have to validate that you got the free update in the first place.. that would probably work.

But your question is answered if you are indeed waiting to mark it so, I believe. because you can do a clean reinstall I think with the file you have, just not the first install.

I'm not sure what you are so mad about though.

Thank you for asking,

A PEER

required name required as well, Aug 20, 2015
  3. No roll back to Windows 7 Prof option after Windows 10 install

Don't be afraid to reset or do a hard shutdown if you must and always BACKUP YOUR OLD DATA AND HAVE SOURCES FOR YOUR APPS/PROGRAMS PRIOR TO UPGRADING AND DOWNGRADING.

If the installation process were to fail it would either just be hung or revert to the previous state USUALLY. But that is why you make backups. Image the drive if you must. You should anyway.

I know that for many people the process scares them silly and they are afraid of 'killing' their computer (you can't do that, it's not living!) but use some prerogative and initiative and assume that it ain't going to come out unassisted now and then. Microsoft
    farmed 10 out to India in the first place, there was your sign. They've been trying to fix it ever since.

required name required as well, Aug 20, 2015
  4. big10 Win User

If your computer has a hidden recovery partition, click the Advanced Startup will reset it to the version of windows in the hidden partition, if the recovery partition is still intact.

big10, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Ed69 Win User
    Excuse me for being a little dense, but how do I find out if it has a hidden recovery partition? I appreciate your post. Thanks.

6. jds63 Win User
  7. Ed69 Win User
    Thank you for the post. It's been less than a week for me, so that part shouldn't be a problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed. *Smile

8. big10 Win User

The booklets came with your computer should have mentioned this, usually in the recovery section.

Late computers usually have the recovery partition.

big10, Aug 20, 2015
  9. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Aug 20, 2015
  10. Ed69 Win User
    Actually, I did make an image. Even though it was done just a short while ago, I have added a lot that I would rather not lose since then. But following the links from jds63 (Thank you very much), I was able to get back to Windows 7, following option 1. Option 2 would not works because I never had the option showing to revert back for some reason. But as I type, it appears as though things are going well at this point, although it is not quite finished yet. I appreciate all the replies. Thank you.

11. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome, thanks to Brink for good tutorials too! Option 1 uses windows.old.

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No option to roll back to Win 7 - Similar Threads - option roll

2. How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?: I thought that uninstalling my graphics driver was the fix to getting my brightness bar. I don't have a brightness bar at all, it's very strange. I uninstalled it but now I regret it and want that graphics driver back. It won't let me roll back though. How do I find it and...
  3. How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?: I thought that uninstalling my graphics driver was the fix to getting my brightness bar. I don't have a brightness bar at all, it's very strange. I uninstalled it but now I regret it and want that graphics driver back. It won't let me roll back though. How do I find it and...
  4. Roll back driver option greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back driver option greyed out: Hi,Looking to roll back a driver that messed up a ton of peoples audio in our org but the roll back driver option in Device Manager is greyed out for everyone including admins. Is there another way roll back a driver? Thanks....
  5. Roll back driver option greyed out

Roll back driver option greyed out: Hi,Looking to roll back a driver that messed up a ton of peoples audio in our org but the roll back driver option in Device Manager is greyed out for everyone including admins. Is there another way roll back a driver? Thanks....
  6. Is rolling back to windows 10 my only option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is rolling back to windows 10 my only option?: I hadn't realized that i needed to have TPM 2.0 when installing Windows on my laptop. it met the other requirements to run it so it never was an issue. However, after the last few updates, some games that i play are unable to run without TPM 2.0 enabled, and because it is a...
  7. Is rolling back to windows 10 my only option?

Is rolling back to windows 10 my only option?: I hadn't realized that i needed to have TPM 2.0 when installing Windows on my laptop. it met the other requirements to run it so it never was an issue. However, after the last few updates, some games that i play are unable to run without TPM 2.0 enabled, and because it is a...
  8. Windows 11 is awful. Where is the option to roll back to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is awful. Where is the option to roll back to 10?: I tried 11 upon first release and it was awful. Left it a while to have another go as I thought "after a year, they will have made it more stable." How naïve I was to assume a tech giant could produce a stable OS. Windows 11 has genuinely ruined my PC. It was perfectly fine...
  9. Windows 11 is awful. Where is the option to roll back to 10?

Windows 11 is awful. Where is the option to roll back to 10?: I tried 11 upon first release and it was awful. Left it a while to have another go as I thought "after a year, they will have made it more stable." How naïve I was to assume a tech giant could produce a stable OS. Windows 11 has genuinely ruined my PC. It was perfectly fine...
  10. Photos app update for Windows 11 rolls out with a new interface and editing options

in Windows 10 News
    Photos app update for Windows 11 rolls out with a new interface and editing options: The Photos app in Windows 10 and 11 is not exactly a fan-favorite. Many users prefer the good old Photo Viewer, for its speed, simplicity and overall usefulness. That could change, because Microsoft is rolling out a new update for the Photos app for Windows 11, and it brings...