Windows 10: No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

Discus and support No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bluejaunte, Jul 15, 2020.

1. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I need to do to enable it?

No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account 26b44c91-b661-41b1-998f-f12ce3056bc2?upload=true.png

I don't seem to be joined to a domain / I have no work our school accounts on this device.

No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account 90249bfa-abc1-4612-96ce-2a1ed54f1748?upload=true.png

:)

bluejaunte, Jul 15, 2020

2. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

I have a brand new Surface Pro with Windows 10. I am attempting to enable BitLocker.

From the Control Panel / Manage Bitlocker, I click "Turn on BitLocker".

I am given a question, "How do you want to backup your recovery key?" and I choose, "Save to your Microsoft account."

I am greeted with a popup, "Bitlocker Drive Encryption error. Can't sign in to your Microsoft account. You need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account to save your recovery key. Sign out and hen sign in with a Microsoft account, or go to
    Settings and choose Accounts to change your existing account."

I am signed in, but I went through these steps again, but I am unable to save my recovery key to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bathosphyr, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Arno Win User
    How to save my BitLocker recovery key to my personal Microsoft account, when there is a domain account connected?

I want to encrypt some personal hard drives with BitLocker on Windows 10, and save the recovery keys to my personal Microsoft account, which is the one I connect to Windows with.

The problem is that I have also connected my university's domain account, and BitLocker will only let me save the key to this uni account : the "Save to Microsoft account" option in the BitLocker setup window has been replaced with "Save to your cloud domain account", and when I select this, the key doesn't appear in my Microsoft account's recovery keys list, which I assume means that the key has been sent to my uni's network instead.

These keys are for personal drives and I want to save them to my personal account. I don't want to remove the domain account entirely as it's convenient. How can I choose which account to save the BitLocker recovery keys to ?

4. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

1. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - option save BitLocker

2. Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account: I am logged in with a Microsoft account with administrator privileges. In the Manage BitLocker app, if I click "Back up your recovery key" and choose "Save to your Microsoft account", I get a pop-up saying "Can't save to your Microsoft account".I also ran mountvol to find the...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account: I am logged in with a Microsoft account with administrator privileges. In the Manage BitLocker app, if I click "Back up your recovery key" and choose "Save to your Microsoft account", I get a pop-up saying "Can't save to your Microsoft account".I also ran mountvol to find the...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  5. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  6. Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account: Hi! I have a PC with both Linux and Windows. When trying to boot Windows I'm greeted with a Bitlocker screen. I said to go tohttps://aka.ms/myrecoverykey and enter my unique device code to retrieve my Bitlocker code to unencrypt my harddrive. However when I go to that url is...
  7. Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key is not shown in Microsoft account: Hi! I have a PC with both Linux and Windows. When trying to boot Windows I'm greeted with a Bitlocker screen. I said to go tohttps://aka.ms/myrecoverykey and enter my unique device code to retrieve my Bitlocker code to unencrypt my harddrive. However when I go to that url is...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination: Is there a way to determine what Microsoft account a bitlocker recovery key ID is a part of? Our surface pro 3 installed bitlocker without our involvement not sure how or why but that's another discussion. The 2 Microsoft accounts that we have do not have any bitlocker...
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination

Bitlocker Recovery Key - Microsoft Account Determination: Is there a way to determine what Microsoft account a bitlocker recovery key ID is a part of? Our surface pro 3 installed bitlocker without our involvement not sure how or why but that's another discussion. The 2 Microsoft accounts that we have do not have any bitlocker...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2