Windows 10: No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...

Discus and support No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As you can see from the picture, I do not have a password option, and Fingerprint is locked.Because of this...1. BEcause the Recovery Options Including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kxeonn, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Kxeonn Win User

No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...

As you can see from the picture, I do not have a password option, and Fingerprint is locked.Because of this...1. BEcause the Recovery Options Including Reset require passwords, I can't use those at all.2. Things that require my Windows password for some reason will also be locked.3. Because the Fingerprint Sensor is blocked, I can't conveniently sign in just by a finger scan..This is not good. Any fixes?And, no, I can't switch to local accounts.

:)

Kxeonn, Dec 17, 2021
  2. markg2 Win User

PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options is all for my MS account not the machine.

Nothing under Settings/Privacy or /Updates and Security.

Okay, I'll bite, where is 'give this OS a password' hidden?

Mark

markg2, Dec 17, 2021
  3. Florio Win User
    Fingerprint sensor option removed after latest windows update

I have found that after the latest Window Update, I no longer have the option of logging in to Windows 'Hello' by using the fingerprint sensor OR my windows password, but only the PIN. Since my laptop does in fact have a fingerprint sensor, I'd at least like to have the possibility of using it. At first I thought this might be due to an outdated driver (there is in fact a newer Biometric driver available, but I cannot install it), but I am convinced that this is a Windows issue. I don't want to have to do a system restore to fix it, as that is always only a temporary solution.

Window 10 version 2004

Florio, Dec 17, 2021
  4. derryip Win User

No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...

fingerprint sensor

good day,

hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?

derryip, Dec 17, 2021
Thema:

1. No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not... - Similar Threads - option set password

2. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  3. No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...: As you can see from the picture, I do not have a password option, and Fingerprint is locked.Because of this...1. BEcause the Recovery Options Including Reset require passwords, I can't use those at all.2. Things that require my Windows password for some reason will also be...
  4. No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to set a password, recovery options locked forever and fingerprint sensor not...: As you can see from the picture, I do not have a password option, and Fingerprint is locked.Because of this...1. BEcause the Recovery Options Including Reset require passwords, I can't use those at all.2. Things that require my Windows password for some reason will also be...
  5. Sign in Password for recovery options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign in Password for recovery options: I need to run Startup repair to check a problem but I can't remember my password that it asks for. Running latest update for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-for-recovery-options/ef37657a-1e3b-4e21-abaf-488a335e6b1b
  6. Synaptics Fingerprint added in the settings but Fingerprint option not Showing on Lock Screen

Synaptics Fingerprint added in the settings but Fingerprint option not Showing on Lock Screen: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Hi, I have A HP ProBook 450 G2 with Windows 10 1909 installed, It has Synaptics Fingerprint driver installed. I signed in Windows Hello to add fingerprint lock on my laptop, it added my finger successfully, but whenever I restart my laptop, there is no...
  7. Fingerprint sensor option removed after latest windows update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Fingerprint sensor option removed after latest windows update: I have found that after the latest Window Update, I no longer have the option of logging in to Windows 'Hello' by using the fingerprint sensor OR my windows password, but only the PIN. Since my laptop does in fact have a fingerprint sensor, I'd at least like to have the...
  8. Fingerprint Option

Fingerprint Option: HI I cant use my Fingerprint protection. its showing unavailable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-option/96cc41aa-c959-4fbd-887c-63f404e9dd18
  9. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...
  10. Setting up Recovery options

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up Recovery options: Hi everyone. I was wondering what would be the best way to set up a clean install windows 10 machine to allow for methods of repairing it in the case of being unable to login. I have had windows 7 computer not being able to boot in to windows due to specific programs and in...