Windows 10: No option to switch on camera

Discus and support No option to switch on camera in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have class and its mandatory for me to turn on my camera or ill be marked absent and i got a new computer with microsoft egde and everything i try to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ringfit99, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Ringfit99 Win User

No option to switch on camera

I have class and its mandatory for me to turn on my camera or ill be marked absent and i got a new computer with microsoft egde and everything i try to turn on my camera to google meet it doesnt allow it, ive tried allowing the camera to that specific site and it didnt work and ive tried going to the settings and switching on the camera for edge but the option wasnt even there i dont know what to do and i think if i dont figure out soon ill have to download google chrome No option to switch on camera [​IMG]No option to switch on camera [​IMG]

:)

Ringfit99, Jan 13, 2021

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 13, 2021
  4. No option to switch on camera

On my surface pro 3, I am unable to switch between the front and main cameras. The is no "camera switch" icon in the camera app.

Original Title - Surface Pro 3 Camera

On my surface pro 3, I am unable to switch between the front and main cameras. The is no "camera switch" icon in the camera app. When I search for online help, I see that there should be a number of other icons visible in the top options bar within the app,
    but none of these options are available? Any suggestions?

JonathanDudman, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

No option to switch on camera

1. No option to switch on camera - Similar Threads - option switch camera

2. Can't switch my camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch my camera.: Hi, the camera at the top of my Hp laptop is not working and when I go to the camera app it doesn't give me the option to switch it. When I go into the camera it stays on the one in the bottom left corner....
  3. Can't switch my camera.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't switch my camera.: Hi, the camera at the top of my Hp laptop is not working and when I go to the camera app it doesn't give me the option to switch it. When I go into the camera it stays on the one in the bottom left corner....
  4. Can't switch my camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I switch the camera in the camera app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch the camera in the camera app?: I record videos for YouTube and I thought I would buy a webcam for better picture quality for my videos. How do I get the camera app to switch to the webcam rather than using the built-in camera on my laptop? Thanks!...
  6. How do I switch the camera in the camera app?

How do I switch the camera in the camera app?: I record videos for YouTube and I thought I would buy a webcam for better picture quality for my videos. How do I get the camera app to switch to the webcam rather than using the built-in camera on my laptop? Thanks!...
  7. How do I switch the camera in the camera app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. "Switch user" option disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Switch user" option disappeared: Dear Microsoft, since the last windows update, it is difficult to switch user on the PC. The only person that can log in, is the one, that has been signed in last - even after restarting the PC. So even though my girlfried used the PC last and shut it off, i won´t be able to...
  9. Camera switch

Camera switch: The camera apps don't have the option to switch from rear to front views. The options bar is no longer on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-switch/f812fa31-01a3-4c30-9415-abeb2025b444
  10. No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?: Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account I have only had my new Windows 10 laptop since November and I am still getting used to it and finding things out. I have noticed that Windows 10 “Start” options are “Shut down”, “Sign out”, “Sleep” and...