Windows 10: No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10

Discus and support No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi so unfortunately my laptop, windows 10, is locked and I don't know the current user's password. How can I get the switch users option to come up on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mari Johnson, Jul 17, 2020.

1. No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10

Hi so unfortunately my laptop, windows 10, is locked and I don't know the current user's password. How can I get the switch users option to come up on the bottom left? Are there any keys I could press, before turning it on, or some way through the command line. Unfortunately any safe mode options won't work as I have bitlocker on and I don't know the encryption key. So really not an ideal scenario, thank you for any help in advance!

Mari

:)

Mari Johnson, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Switch user from lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to switch user from lock screen. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

Once you lock the computer, to switch from one user account to another from the lock screen, select the user name from the list of available users at the bottom left of the sign-in screen, enter the credentials to sign-in.

Below is a screenshot of lock screen for reference:

No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10 c2a15387-8165-46f6-8ab0-904d80af2e1b?upload=true.jpg

However, if you wish to switch user without locking the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 17, 2020
  3. How to Switch user at Locked Screen in Windows 10

SOS, any ideas?

Running Windows 10 Pro on multiple PCs. All PCs have multiple user accounts defined. Only one PC allows users to logon by picking their name from the list of users. If a users is already logged on, and the desktop is locked, that user must log off entirely
    before the user list shows.

This is not the case on one of PCs. On the one PC, if a user left the PC with a locked Desktop, any configured user can simply select their name and switch user without the need to log off the previous user. All processes and apps are left intact as well
    for the previous user.

I did notice that after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL the PC that is working as needed offers the option to "Switch User" whereas the other PCs do not offer that option.

I did read suggestions
    HERE
    to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? We are not using picture security on any pf the PCs. Any tips or help will be greatly appreciated.

Victor_Sepulveda, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10

1. No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - option switch users

2. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  3. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  4. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  5. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  6. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen: Running windows 10 home edition and have setup 3 account one me as admin and 2 of kids as users. If one account shuts down or leave laptop and let it go to locked screen, it does not give switch user option. The only way to switch user is that person who has logged in last...
  8. Switch User option missing - Windows 10

Switch User option missing - Windows 10: Problem: Switch User option missing in login screen. I have 4 user accounts on my computer, 2 of which are administrators. I was using one local non-admin account, and when I tried to switch accounts on the login page, I couldn't find the options for the other accounts....
  9. How to switch user from lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch user from lock screen?: Hello! Can you explain how to switch user from lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-from-lock-screen/3c66b4d5-d856-43f3-9e73-b831dcb30383
  10. Switch user from lock screen

Switch user from lock screen: How can I switch users in Win10 from lock screen? ***Modified title from: switching users in win10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-from-lock-screen/2d6fb1d6-6b0e-4eb0-9f18-73692c1ced7c